We are looking for Oracle DBA ?for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Oracle DBA
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- An Oracle DBA role responsible for multiple Oracledatabases across development, test and production environments, representing the back-end of the mission critical in-house enterprise application Scribe.
- Some of the primary responsibilities include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents, physical and logical database design, creating and maintaining source code changes and fulfilling data requests.
- The position activities necessitate constant communication with peer DBAs, developers and business analysts throughout the software development cycle.
- Technical Support for the database, applications, and server environment.
- Performance monitoring and tuning.
- SQL and PL\SQL tuning
- Database backup & recovery
- Formulates, documents and monitors policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management.
- Technical support for developers and business analysts.
- Oracle Service Requests (SR) submission, resolution and management.
- Database and applications upgrades and migration.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the enterprise scheduling system (ActiveBatch)
- Deploying J2EE applications in Oracle Application Server, Tomcat and JBoss
- Staying up to date with Oracletechnologies
Technical Skill Requirements
- Experience with Oracledatabase11g and 12c on Windows.
- RMAN backup & recovery.
- Active Data Guard
- Expert knowledge and experience with SQL and PL\SQL.
- Working knowledge of UNIX (Solaris 10) and Windows platforms.
- Working experience of some Batch scheduling tool preferably ActiveBatch
- Good knowledge of Perl scripts/Shell scripts
- Working knowledge of ITIL Process (Incident/Change/Service Request Management)
- Experience in 24/7 Production environment is highly preferred.
- Good knowledge of Networking concepts and Disaster Recovery.
- Experience with JBoss, Qlik, SVN (Subversion)
- Data warehousing experience
- Strong analytical and multitasking skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Oracle certified professional
- BS Degree or equivalent with minimum 6years Oracle DBA experiencerequired.