We are looking for ??Oracle DBA for our client in Anderson, SC / Greenville, SC
Job Title: ??Oracle DBA
Job Location: Anderson, SC / Greenville, SC
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- Various existing solutions plus new development in supportresponsibilitiesshared with the group.
- This position will provide senior Oracle database management for a large high profile project whose team brings significant experience along with an ?entrepreneurial? or ?startup? attitude and approach.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Senior Oracle DBA is responsible for working closely with both the project development team (scrum/sprint teams) and with the client?s Oracle Database Administrators to provide Senior Oracle DBA support for numerous application and infrastructuredatabases.
- Advising development and product teams on best approaches for required data model extensions and/or changes.
- Hands-on Oracle development and application support in ways that are consistent with Oracle best practices.
- Collaboration with client?s Oracle database administration team to maintain test, staging, production databases and the development of operations procedures for database management.
- Developing and executing a data migration plan as needed to accommodate data transfers from existing data stores.
- Coordinating with outside entities, including vendors for other systems/services, providers, professional associations, and other State agencies.
- Analyze Oracle performance data, recommend courses of action and implement best solutions to achieve optimum performance.
- Participate in a 24x7on-callsupport rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Client is seeking a Senior Oracle professional with the knowledge and experience along with comparable communication and interpersonal skills to enable success on this high-visibility project
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- The Senior Oracle DBA role has four major attributes: software development leadership, project management skills, people skills, and domain knowledge in enterprise class multi-tier web-based application development projects. Candidates must display excellence in all areas.
- Proven Oracle DBA experience in supporting enterprise applications in Linux environments, preferably Redhat or Oracle Linux.
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard
- Demonstrated success in supporting a development team implementing primarily web-based solutions using Oracle as the database.
- Understanding of IT development and implementation projects.
- Understanding of database scalability and operations.
- Project planning experience, including effort estimation on technical tasks and resource allocation.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to give presentations to project management. Strong proficiency in English is required.
- Impeccable integrity. This project will have very high visibility and will impact significant expenditures of public funds. Candidates must be confident with their abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to speak out when necessary.
- Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Healthcare industry experience and/or experience managing PHI/PII data
- Experience in data encryption and Oracle Net traffic encryption.
- Vendor management experience.
- Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) experience
- Medicaid operations experience.
- Public sector experience is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in a technical, business, or related field. Masters degree is desirable.
- None required. Oracle training/certification from a recognized source is beneficial.