The responsibility of this position is for implementing, documenting, maintaining, and supporting the technical environment required by Oracle Databases. Individuals in this position work at a technical level with an understanding of Oracle Databases, operating system, and hardware platform. Incumbents interact with the development teams, configuration teams, various technical teams, and business stakeholders to optimize and maintain the overall database reliability, availability, and performance.
The DBA should have strong experience in implementing and supporting Oracle 12c databases andworking on Oracle RAC (3 nodes or higher). Very importantly, the resource must be proficient with Oracle upgrades, Oracle Applications(Oracle EBS), OEM, ASM, and RMAN. The work will include some after-hours support including weekends and on-call.
- Implement and maintain the multiple Oracle Databases instances that comprise the Oracle Database environment (development, test, training and production). Should be able to manage and support Oracle ERP applications EBS R12.
- Critical 24X7 Production Support, extensively using EBS Application Administration, AD Utilities, Online Patching, Concurrent Processing, EBS R12.2 Clone Technique with newer version Oracle ERP applications technology Stack and WebLogic Server.
- Implement technical changes into the environment by adhering to Secure-24's structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each Oracle Database instance.
- Assist with implement an optimal Oracle Database configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Distribute the online Oracle Database user workload and monitor and manage the Oracle Databases background job workload.
- Maintain Oracle Database performance by planning and executing Oracle Database tuning strategies.
- Administer the Oracle database (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.).
- Apply Oracle Databases maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology.
- Assist with maintaining system documentation for all Oracle Database instances and interfaces.
- Participate in the implementation of Oracle Database system upgrades and installations.
- Participate in the migration of Oracle Database system to Secure-24 datacenters.
- Provide status reports for projects to Database Team Lead.
Leadership and Team Focus
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices and technologies.
- Provides recommendations on changes and design enhancements to improve reliability, security, processes, and performance.
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments; desire to succeed and has a history of meeting solutions by deadline.
- Builds respectful relationships with team members; consistently acknowledges and appreciates each member's contributions.
- Provides quality customer service above else; ensures an understanding between customer and Secure-24 and helps provide workable solutions.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems; provides information that insures interest and understanding.
- Promotes innovation, creativity, and effectiveness, always striving for continuous improvement.
- Grows professionally and personally; eager to acquire new knowledge while promoting Secure-24's values and culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of Oracle Database work experience supporting 24x7 production environments required
- 2+ years of SQL Server or MySQL experience
- Ability to monitor, tune and troubleshoot the database system.
- Familiarity with Unix OS, Linux and Windows
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills.
- Strong customer focus. Must work well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise in high-pressure situations and complex environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to various levels of management.
- Ability to adapt to changing business processes, technologies, and environments.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong desire and ability to quickly learn, become competent in, and apply new skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must be proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in pressure situations.
- Occasional travel (up to 10%) for training and/or conferences.