Oracle Database Administrator Description Cloud Lake Technology, an Akima Company,
is an industry leading Technology and Mission Services Provider, delivering experience-driven and cost-optimized solutions for complex business problems for our customers across the federal, commercial and public sector markets. We are seeking candidates with relevant experience as an Oracle Database Administrator who serves as the Team Lead for a small Web Development Team in Chantilly, Virginia. Job Summary:
In this position you will lead a three-person development team working on a mission critical application for our Department of Justice client. This team has an existing ColdFusion application running against an Oracle DB that will be migrated to a .NET front end in the coming years. As the lead of this team you will be responsible for both the Development and Production Oracle environments along with ETL's, software releases, confirming testing, and direct customer interaction. Responsibilities:
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Maintain and improve upon the Oracle environments and code bases.
- Facilitate new features and improvements through the development and maintenance of PL/SQL Database objects
- Assist in review and testing of code that produces HTML views for customer interaction
- Utilize ETL strategies to Extract, Transform, and Load large quantities of mission critical data every day
- Perform the functions of a Development Team Lead
- Ensure compliance with all security requirements for the facility.
- Must be willing and able to work within time constraints and meet deadlines consistently.
- Must have experience successfully engaging and communicating with senior executives, other vendor personnel and peers within a fast-paced environment.
- Must have willingness and ability to follow specific established procedures and guidelines accurately and consistently.
- Must have willingness and ability to accurately log daily hours in two different systems consistently.
- Must have solid oral and written communication skills in order to be successful in this role.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field is strongly preferred (In lieu of a degree five years of relevant experience may be substituted for the degree).
- Oracle DBA Skills:
- Minimum five years working as a production DBA on an Oracle 11g or higher system with at least 100 tables
- Strong PL/SQL Skills for Functions, Stored Procedures, and Triggers
- Experience with multiple ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) options in Oracle
- Proficiency with DB optimization
- Web Dev Team Lead Skills:
- Minimum three years as a Web Development Team Lead
- HTML familiarity
- Java Script familiarity
- Experience leading a team through application testing (coordinating a test plan, running a full regression)
- Adherence to Source Control versioning
- OS Skills:
- Comfortable in Windows Server 2008
- Unix / Linux Server - basic admin skills (checking and changing file permissions, modifying a config file, scheduling tasks, basic scripting)
- Four (4) years of specialized experience in the development and monitoring of IT policies and procedures designed to provide management control or system development activities, including analysis of current procedures and policies to determine continued applicability (as outlined above).
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have an Active Secret clearance (and ability to maintain a clearance).
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- ColdFusion Development experience
- .NET Development experience
- Law Enforcement experience
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application. Job:
Information Technology Primary Location:
Day Job Req ID: