Business Unit Summary
The Oracle Database Administration team is responsible for maintaining Oracle databases across the enterprise. This entails ensuring data is protected and accessible while meeting established service level agreements in a 24/7 environment.
A Day in the Life
- Manage all facets of the Oracle database system lifecycle
- Identify and resolve database related issues, determining root cause
- Monitor for performance, capacity, and space management
- Review SQL and PL/SQL for performance and scalability
- Coordinate patching cycles with application teams and business partners
- Participate on projects as a team member
- Enforce database security policies and change management procedures
- Participation in the on-call rotation
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor of Science in an IT related field or equivalent business and technical experience.
- At least 5 years of Oracle database administration experience
- Linux, including Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Oracle RAC
- Oracle ASM
- Oracle RMAN
- Strong SQL tuning abilities
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire for continuous learning