GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for providing operational database services to the organization.
- Own, track and resolve database related incidents and requests including working with Microsoft, Oracle, or other providers.
- Fulfill requests and resolve incidents within SLAs.
- Review service related reports (e.g. database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs.
- Respond to database related alerts and escalations and work with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs.
- Establish and maintain communication with technology clients to keep them updated with status of their requests.
- Initiate and perform changes on production systems and proactively escalate any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Ensure that database improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of all CRL, CRL subsidiaries, legal entities and client information.
- Be able to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local safety and health regulations that would apply to this job.
Other duties as assigned.
- denotes essential job function
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience as a DBA for MSSQL Server or Oracle database (Versions 12c or higher).
- 3 years’ experience configuring, patching and supporting Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle database (Versions 12c or higher).
- 3 years’ experience working with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and/or Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- 3 years’ experience performing on-going tuning and troubleshooting Oracle databases and/or Microsoft SQL Server databases.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve database problems
- Service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned
- Working knowledge of data backups, restores and recovery models
- Working knowledge of Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Ability to work with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Ability to implement operational automation using scripts
- Working knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server or Oracle
- Ability to be at work and on time
- Ability and judgment to interact and communicate appropriately with other employees, clients and management