Oracle Data Warehouse Architec
In this role as the Oracle Data Warehouse Architect, you will coach and mentor Database Developers on your team, recommend and establish standards, guidelines, and procedures for the design and maintain database applications, evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools, and provide technical leadership on development projects.
In addition, you will facilitate the analysis and ensure common understanding of operational and analytical business data requirements and craft physical data models with a data modeling tool like ERwin. Generate and execute DDL to build databases, tables, and views.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and crafting table partitions, indexes and assist with the cleansing and maintenance of the databases.
- Participating in data model review board discussions and in support design reviews and code walk throughs to ensure high quality work.
- Collaborate closely with the project teams to produce realistic effort estimates, ensuring task completion within estimates, identifying and communicating variances as early as possible.
- Work with upstream system architects, developers and program managers to resolve data issues and drive collection of data needed by business customers.
- Evolve and support the basic tenets of good data architecture.
- Work on one or more projects at all stages of the system life-cycle (define, design, and build).
This position must be located in Smithfield, RI ONLY. Telecommuting and remote work not available.
- 5 years hands on expertise in working with large and complex data warehouse systems with hands-on data architecture experience.
- 5 years designing and writing PL/SQL for Oracle databases and hands-on experience in database and SQL performance tuning.
- 5 years full application development life-cycle (analysis, architecture, design, development, testing and deployment)
- 3 years’ with version control practices/procedures and with data modeling techniques, including 3rd normal form, dimensional data models, star/snowflake schemas, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ in-depth knowledge of multiple data modeling tools like ERWin and the customization required to build a DDL for Oracle.
- 5 years’ experience working with optimization of data models, queries, views to support data processing and reporting requirements.
- Good social and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work in a shared environment
- Ability to communicate clearly
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field OR High School Diploma/GED accompanied by adequate years of related work experience.