About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Oracle CPQ Analyst will provide support for our Oracle Big Machines CPQ environment, including functional and data analysis and operational tasks. We are looking for a functional/business analyst with good experience on the Big Machines CPQ platform, and preferably, exposure to the salesforce.com platform. He/she must possess good interpersonal skills as he/she will work with business users, management, and IT personnel.
Key aspects of the role:
- Work with business users to understand and document their business processes and requirements.
- Understand the current implementation and architecture of CMD's Oracle Big Machines CPQ, including platform configuration and processes integrated with salesforce.com.
- Perform mapping/gapping based on the requirements and Oracle Big Machines platform features, keeping in mind the existing implementation of CPQ.
- Configure working prototypes in a development sandbox if required, and validate and refine prototypes.
- Document the functional design and solution approaches.
- Highlight the benefits of recommended approaches and any business process improvements from the suggested solutions.
- Conduct meetings with business users and IT personnel, and publish status and progress reports. During projects, clearly communicate project task status to key stakeholders.
- Work with IT personnel to highlight any changes needed in the current implementation to achieve business requirements.
- Assist with release planning and execution.
- Trouble shoot issues in the CPQ environment and in related integrations.
- Must have a strong understanding of sales processes.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and detail orientation with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- BS or MS degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field.
- Oracle Big Machines certifications. Optionally, Salesforce.com certifications as well.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of overall business/functional analysis experience, with at least 6 years of experience on the Oracle Big Machines CPQ platform.
- Ability to clearly understand business requirements and convert them into a functional design, and to collaborate with business analysts and users to define solution approaches.
- Good knowledge of Oracle Big Machines platform features, setups and technology including BML and BMQL. Programming experience with BML is a plus.
- Strong understanding of sales processes like opportunities, CPQ quoting, BM commerce, model configurations, pricing, discounting, promotions, approval matrix, and sales orders.
- Good understanding of the Big Machines data model, data architecture, and data management, and familiar with integrations with other systems like salesforce.com.
- Nice-to-have: Knowledge of Big Machines CPQ implementation in a salesforce.com environment via managed packages.
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Big Machines platform.
- Must be a confident self-starter individual who can completely own the delivery of high value work products.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users, management, and team members.
- Planning and analytical skills as well as the ability to communicate ideas and plans verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem solving skills.