The Oracle Cloud Sales Specialist will be responsible for the following 4 items:
- Drive the sales of Oracle IaaS and Cloud Native App Dev offerings by engaging directly with customers and/or working with prime field representatives to develop a cloud strategy and deploy the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure across Oracle’s enterprise customers.
- Dramatically increase the awareness of Oracle’s IaaS and Cloud Native App Dev offerings in the Oracle customer base by doing a defined set of activities and campaigns. These activities include seminars/webinars, rep and customer training, tailored messaging delivery and other demand-generation activities. Sales Specialist will also engage in various enablement activities (trainings, lunch and learns, QBR attendance, account planning, etc.) in the markets that they are assigned.
- Improve the Cloud Acumen of the Oracle field sales teams by partnering with field prime team and working closely with Sales Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing and Business Development to deliver innovative and high-value solutions to Oracles’ customers.
Also staying closely aligned with our customers’ post-sale to ensure our customers are maximizing their Oracle Cloud services.
- Report, forecast and track sales activities in respective regions to ensure high cloud-based activities and opportunities progress.
- Experience selling Public Cloud Infrastructure or strongly related services at companies such as Google, AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
- 2+ years enterprise direct sales experience with large quotas and proven success
- BS from a major university – engineering or computer science preferred
- Strong public speaking ability with desire to train others
- 2+ years’ experience navigating long sales cycles in a matrix environment with demonstrated experience in complex commercial structures
- Experience selling outsourcing solutions or services to Vertical Industries (Financial Services, Life Sciences, Retail, Telecom, etc.); specific knowledge of business drivers and adoption patterns will be given special consideration
- Demonstrated ability to influence different buying personas (IT, Operations, Development, etc.) within the Fortune 1000 enterprise
- Expert understanding and the ability to effectively evangelize multiple cloud adoption patterns including Hybrid, Data Center and Application Modernization, re-platforming, Cloud Native, Web-scale and High-Availability
- Practical understanding of the concepts surrounding DevOps, Continuous Integration, Micro Services and their impact to organizational change
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory. Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities. Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share. Builds and expands business partner revenue and self sufficiency.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of technology sales experience. Ability to forecast, manage sales expenses, and successfully close new Oracle business. Business development, prospecting and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability. Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development. Experience as the focal point for clients for all sales and related issues. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.