Leveraging deep integrations into retailers’ point-of-sale systems, InComm provides connectivity to a variety of service providers that allow consumers to conduct everyday business at more than 450,000 points of retaildistribution worldwide. Whether those consumers are activating prepaid products, paying bills, enjoying real-time discounts through a membership card, purchasing digital goods in-store or adding funds to an online account, InComm is there to provide unique gift-gifting opportunities, cater to on-the-go shoppers, deliver added value through loyalty programs and serve cash-based consumers. With 186 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta with a presence in over 30 countries in North and South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
About This Opportunity
InComm is looking for an Oracle Financials Business Analyst (Lead IV) to join our Financial Information Systems (FIS) team. The Lead Analyst would report directly to the Senior Manager over Oracle Solutions (Development team). You will work with stakeholders from various business areas, but primarily, Accounting/Finance, to define and document requirements and / or gather and analyze data in support of business cases for technology initiatives, mostly centered on Oracle R12 EBS, as well as occasional third party implementations. The Lead Business Analyst will be responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit. Your role is a bridge between the business and FIS.
The ideal candidate should have a strong techno-functional background in Oracle Financials, with experience working on Accounting/Finance projects. Someone who has worked on major Oracle implementations, eliciting requirements from stakeholders, analyzing the requirements, documenting them in BRDs (business requirements documents) and creating the functional specifications. You will work closely with the developer on solutions, and partner with stakeholders on ensuring the solution fits the business needs.
The Oracle Financials Business Analyst (Lead IV) is primarily responsible for working with the business users in understanding business automation needs, gathering requirements and documenting requirements via functional specifications, develop test plans, and producing the end result. You will ensure business process and system configurations are optimized and streamlined.
Strategy & Planning
- Meet with decision makers, stakeholders, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems / applications issues.
- Lead cross-functional design sessions in prototyping new systems / applications for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in systems across the organization.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
- Review and assess all functional designs of other business analysts to ensure that the design is clearly documented, all major issues are identified and resolved and meets a level of quality that ensures supportability.
- Provides feedback to the FIS Business Analyst manager for resource related issues
- Identify gaps and areas of improvement where we can leverage Oracle functionality that did not exist in previous systems.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving complex problems.
- Act as liaison between functional users and development team.
- Responsible for analyst testing and managing the User Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure the Oracle Solutions team understands the functional requirements and that communication between the functional users and OS team is in sync.
- Work with the various teams and members to reduce rework and defects
- Ensure testing is complete, thorough and done by the right people. This includes coordinating Integration/System testing across modules
- Oracle development tools and languages such as SQL or PL/SQL
- Oracle E-Business Suite R12 modules such as AP, Payments, GL, AR, CE, INV, Channel Revenue Management (ChRM), Advanced Pricing, and PO
- SDLC methodologies Waterfall, iterative Waterfall and Agile
- Oracle ERP application's architecture, data structures and functionality
- Preparing detailed functional specifications for forms, extensions, interfaces, reports, conversions
- Report development in the following tools:
- Oracle Discoverer, XML/BI Publisher and Financial Statements Generator tools
- Setup and configuration of the R12 Oracle E-Business Suite modules.
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies
- Demonstrated project management and presentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelors of Science degree with 7 or more years of experience supporting Oracle Financials are required
- Background or practical experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Functional knowledge of U.S. accounting standards, processes and documents. (International experience, a plus)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating and delivering presentation to all levels of management
- Two years of supervisory experience, minimum
- Willingness to help where needed; to be flexible with work assignments and to understand and assist with the diversity of user requests.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills are also required
- Must be prompt, courteous and a good listener
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to efficiently manage shifting priorities is a requirement for success
- Professional, positive attitude with a drive for results.
InComm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, citizenship, veteran’s status, age, disability status, genetics or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.