The Business Intelligence Practice Manager is an experienced consulting business professional who has a deep understanding of Oracle BI & Analytics solutions, best practices, operational processes and tools. He/She is responsible for the delivery of revenue and profitability to the company through the Practice. He/She is an integral part of Analytics Services organization and leadership team and should demonstrate the ability to develop / manage a structured and repeatable delivery process. This role reports directly to, and works under the supervision of, the Senior Director of Delivery Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Practice Manager is responsible for driving the revenue growth, profitability, capabilities and client satisfaction through effective participation in the following activities: (1) Resource Management, (2) Financial Management, (3) Pre / Post-Sales Support, (4) Delivery Management, (5) Leadership, (6) Client Satisfaction.
(1) Resource Management
- Recruit, onboard, manage, mentor and professionally develop a BI practice of best in class consultants.
- Oversees assigned consulting resources to drive individual performance metrics and to develop required skillsets for assigned consultants.
- Participate in the recruitment and on boarding of new BI consultants.
- Oversee staffing levels and proactively communicates with sales regarding upcoming resource availability.
- Ensure that all consultants hit the targeted utilization rates and ensure a fair distribution of work.
- Provide support and guidance to consultants on technical, delivery, and operational issues in the areas of BI and Analytics and help them work through obstacles to their success.
- Responsible for growing the practice team member’s delivery skills through training and events, participation in mentoring, job shadowing, etc.
- Forecast readiness activities for new service offerings so that resources are ready to deliver when offerings are sold to clients.
(2) Financial Management
- Overall responsible for practice revenue, margins and utilization that meets and/or exceeds defined organizational forecasts.
- Review financial results on a monthly basis with senior management – revising as necessary conforming to market conditions.
(3) Pre/Post-Sales Support
- Drive the services pre-sales process with sales team, and consultants to understand customer business, technical objectives and product requirements, in order to build client relationships, scope opportunities, and deliver effective solutions.
- Review and approve project proposals (scope, level of effort estimates, and schedules) and SOWs prior to presentation to Data Intensity’s teams and customers.
- Collaborate with the sales team on forecasting, client business development and development of cost estimates to ensure profitability of engagements.
- Responsible for the timely response to assigned RFI / RFPs, ensuring the highest level of quality.
(4) Resource Management
- Takes ultimate responsibility for the delivery of service offerings to clients, ensuring engagements are completed on time, to standard, within budget and results in a high level of client satisfaction.
- Design, implement, and manage a Vendor Alliances program to ensure effective and scalable delivery of services to customers.
- Oversees multiple project delivery teams in the delivery of defined methodologies to meet engagement requirements and expectations.
- Responsible for the approving contractual agreements ensuring they are of high quality and properly scoped to meet the client’s requirements and profitably.
- Responsible for the practice portfolio of engagements and contracts ensuring delivery is on track within approved scope or that scope changes are properly handled (scope change requests, contract add-ons, etc.).
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding key performance indicators outlined in the assigned practice scorecard.
(5) Practice Leadership
- Responsible for business expansion through market analysis, business structure, competitive analysis and appropriate investments & acquisitions.
- Drive the implementation of new and innovative ideas for improving operational efficiencies and productivity in line with the company’s goals.
- Participate in leadership meetings with sales and delivery.
- Conducts regular practice meetings with consultants encouraging teamwork and a sense of direction.
- Develops and manages a practice leadership team to delegate specific practice initiatives or management duties.
- Regularly performs one-on-ones with direct reports, conducts performance reviews and career development discussions at least twice a year.
- Provides career counseling and mentoring to junior members of the specific Practice.
- Provides feedback on competencies and coach consultants on improving team effectiveness, quality, timeliness and cost-effectiveness of client and internal deliverables.
- Provides two-way communication channels to ensure all consultants in the field understand company standards, current activities and future direction, while gathering feedback from the consultants to share with the leadership team.
- Ensures the practice is meeting retention goals
- Collaborates with other practice manager and senior leadership ensuring efficient coverage of defined services and achievements are in line with business performance objectives.
- Clearly articulate Data Intensity’s mission, goals and strategies to all audiences helping them understand how they play a part in continued success.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in professional and personnel situations. Acts as a role model and encourages continuous personnel and practice improvement.
(6) Client Satisfaction
- Responsible for resolving client escalations, always respecting the overall client relationship with the practice and Data Intensity.
- Build executive relationships with key executives as executive sponsors in top accounts.
- Exhibit passion, patience and perseverance characteristics with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Proficient in writing proposals, marketing literature, reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
- Proven ability to develop, deploy and maintain processes and methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders; must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Superior analysis and problem solving skills and the ability to develop, deploy, and maintain processes and methodologies.
- Ability to apply creative solutions to complex problems and measure the impact to the business
- Outstanding management and leadership skills necessary to recruit, develop, manage and retain a highly experience team of functional and technical consultants.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced team environment within a rapidly growing company
- Industry expertise (financial, life science, retail, consumer products, manufacturing, etc.)
- A passion for creating technology solutions to solve business pains/challenges
Experience and Education:
- A bachelors or master’s degree in business administration, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) or more years of experience within the Business Intelligence and Analytics domains
- Minimum of five (5) years of or more years demonstrated experience working with Oracle BI technologies, including Data Visualization, OBIEE, OBIA, BICS, Oracle Big Data Discovery, etc.
- Minimum of five (5) years of or more years demonstrated experience in leading a BI consulting practice.
- Minimum three (3) years or more of demonstrated experience in managing all aspects of a services business including profit and loss (P&L) experience and personnel management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Superior creative problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to apply creative solutions to complex problems and measure the impact to the business.