Oracle Apps DBA
??We are looking for Oracle Apps DBA for our client in ????Sunnyvale, CA
Job Title: Oracle Apps DBA
Job Location: ????Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Provide direction for technologies such as Oracle Database, Oracle Applications, Oracle Business Intelligence, and Service Oriented architecture solutions.
- Perform database administration functions, including installing, configuring, maintaining, performance tuning and troubleshootingdatabases on various platforms.
- Support Financials development teams on on-going projects to ensure that development effort meets standards. This includes but is not limited to access and change control related procedures.
- Architect and implement disaster recovery systems and perform regular system backups to protect integrity of financial and other data in order for systems to have 100% availability.
- Write scripts in Perl/Shell/SQL to automate maintenance tasks such as clones, monitoring, backups etc.
- Install, maintain & setup Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) monitoring framework.
- Review and research new system features and make recommendations on project undertakings.
- Be available 24x7 for production on-call, participate iin on-call rotation.
- Application of patches, maintenance packs, system upgrades and adding new features as required
- Work withother operations teams on any infrastructure issues such as server performance, network issues
- Document and maintain all DBA processes and procedures documentations.
- Monitor system performance and provide recommendation to the development team.
- Follow SOX compliance with all security policies and procedures
- Work with development team closely to improve Product quality.
- B.A/B.S or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Oracle E-Business Suite installation/patch/upgrade/administrations background.
- 10+ years working experiencesupporting Oracle E-Business Suite environment, 8+ years DBA experience.
- Managing large volume databases for both OLTP and OLAP environment.
- Experience with Core Oracle database Installation/patch/upgrade/administrations
- Experience with using RMAN for backups and recovery
- Experience with Database performance tuning
- Experience in setting the DR/Standby database and data guard.
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Automation and scriptingexperience in any of the following: Shell,PHP,Python, SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with architecting Enterprise software on Windows and Linux
- Good understanding on network,DMZ,virtualization and loadbalancer
- Experience with Oracle 10g/11g Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Linux/Unix system administration experience is a plus
- Experience with Application Server technologies such as Service Oriented Architecture (Oracle SOA), Apache and Weblogic Server
- Experience with data warehouse like Business Intelligence software OBIEE
- Experince with Hyperion Essbase.
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g
- Strong verbal and written communication skills