Oracle Apps DBA
5 - 7 years experience • Databases
Diversified Technical Services, Inc. (DTSI) is a small-business corporation headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. Since 1980, DTSI has been delivering exceptional Information Technology and Telecommunication solutions and services for government and commercial customers.
The primary responsibilities of the Oracle Apps DBA are to participate in the ongoing maintenance, avoid failures, detection and repair of the Oracle database and e-Business Suite applications environments in R12.2.4 and R12.1.1 environments of Oracle HR, along with Database Administration activities in a highly visible 24/7 mission critical environment with a team of DBA’s and a large pool of IT Experts.
The Oracle Database Administrator will be working with Application Developers and Production Support teams on supporting and implementing application changes, database enhancements, and database production support including incident, problem and change management, extensive troubleshooting, Oracle quarterly patch installs, Oracle upgrades, running data-pump exports/imports to refresh data, backups and restores to refresh into non-production environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotations for production-support for Oracle Based Environments
- Provide hands-on experience with implementation, upgrade and tuning of large Oracle EBS environments
- Strong understanding of Oracle RDBMSarchitecture and install new versions of the Oracle as necessary
- Troubleshoot problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools
- Provide cloning of EBS systems and automation procedures
- Patch assessment and application in an Oracle EBS environment
- Experience in Federal DoD environment - Current NACLC/ T3 Investigation or Secret Clearance Experience with R12 EBS HCM Modules
- Experience as an Oracle Apps DBA with R12experience throughout all stages of the lifecycle
- Proven experience with multiple operating systems: Linux/Unix/Solaris/Windows and physical database design
- Experience with RAC database and configuring Load Balancers
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, Oracle quarterly patch installs
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware applications
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study
- 5-7 years of Oracle APPS DBA Experience
- Must have a CompTia Security+ plus certificate, or be willing to gain it beforedate of hire
Authority/Accountability: The successful candidate will be a part of a small working group and will report directly to the project Task Leader.
Diversity and Inclusion: DTSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Disclosure: DTSI is an equal opportunity employer that uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Background investigations may be conducted to determine applicant’s eligibility for a Department of Defense security clearance.