AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL "Connect" you to your next career opportunity!
We are seeking an Oracle Applications Developer to join our team in Duncan, SC. The Oracle Applications Developer will design, develop, implement, support and maintain extensions and enhancements to the Oracle EBS R12 Discrete Manufacturing(INV, BOM, WIP, QA, MRP), Order to Cash and Procure to Pay suite of applications by partnering with internal business analysts/owners and external customers and suppliers. The incumbent applies knowledge of the Oracle database, Oracle Applications E-Business Suite (R12), SQL, PL/SQL packages & procedures, Oracle 10g Reports/Forms, BI publisher reports, OA framework forms etc., and sound development methodologies to develop and support extensions to the Oracle EBS R12 Suite. Experience developing integrations using Oracle Integration Cloud and/or IBM App Connect Pro (Cast Iron). Experience developing applications in Oracle APEX is a plus.
- Works primarily with IT Business Solution Architects and Business Analysts to design, develop, document, test, and implement solutions
- Works with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners to understand the business requirements behind requested computing initiatives and for integration needs
- Demonstrates and continually develops solid working knowledge with the Oracle Applications architecture for Oracle R12, SQL, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Developer10g toolset, Linux, Oracle WF Builder, BI Publisher, OA Framework toolsets.
- Initiates and participates in Oracle development projects by collaborating with the business solution architects and business analysts to drive process improvements.
- Has the ability and initiative to work independently and accepts accountability for project results.
- Participates in design walkthroughs and offers constructive feedback to improve the quality of the software product.
- Consistently demonstrates sound software development practices, following the System Development Life Cycle methodology to produce efficient, maintainable, value-adding application products.
- Takes directions from and works with senior members of the development team on projects and tasks and manages works adhering to the prioritization process.
- Familiarity with ANSI X12 Standards and EDIFACT Standards for EDI, along with other basic EDI concepts and EBS e-commerce Gateway is a plus.
- Abides by the prescribed standards and procedures designed to guarantee compliance with key control objectives like JSOX.
- Questions existing processes and procedures (both administrative and technical), and offers suggestions and opinions for continuous improvement.
- Works with partners and providers in finding resolutions to software and application problems and takes ownership until a satisfying resolution is determined.
- 4-year college/university degree in either information technology, computer science, software engineering, or business management.
- Minimum 5 years development experience in Oracle EBS R12 Applications in a global manufacturing company.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without requiring employer sponsorship.
- Strong technical Oracle EBS R12 skillset; Oracle database, SQL, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Developer 10g toolset, Linux, Oracle WF Builder, BI Publisher, OA Framework toolsets.
- Good functional understanding of EBS R12 Discrete Manufacturing (INV, WIP, BOM, QA, MRP), Order to Cash and Procure to Pay modules.
- Strong working experience developing extensions in EBS R12 Discrete Manufacturing (INV, WIP, BOM, QA, MRP), Order to Cash and Procure to Pay modules.
- Strong working experience building integrations in and out of EBS leveraging APIs and Open interfaces using the middleware integration tools.
- Working experience developing integrations in middleware tools like Oracle Integration Cloud and/or IBM App connect Pro(Cast Iron).
- Experience working in Oracle Fusion Order Management Cloud is a plus.
- Experience developing applications in Oracle APEX is a plus