Job Profile Summary
Computer Aid, Inc., (CAI) an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking an Oracle Applications DBA for a long-term support engagement in the downtown Chicago area.
The Oracle DBA will be responsible primarily for supporting the daily operations of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3 (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Public Sector Budget, and Purchasing- iProcurement/iSupplier), Hyperion, Primavera, OAF EAM, and OBIEE. The DBA will work collaboratively with functional analysts and technical developers to support theclient applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, cloning, health checks, performance monitoring, system and SQL tuning, and optimization of the multi-node Oracle EBS 12 Applications on 11g/12c Databases
- Implementing and executing robust backup and recovery solutions
- Implementing and enforcing standards, policies, and best practices
- Root-cause analysis and resolution of complex problems in support of production environments, including 24/7 on-call support on a rotating basis
- This position is not limited to supporting only Oracle databases, but includes a variety of different Applications like Oracle Portal, E-Business Suite (11i/R12), Application Server, OBIEE, Essbase, SOA, Weblogic, APEX, etc.
- Managing Service Request (SR) support with Oracle
- 5-10 years of Oracle database administration experience with at least 5 years as an Oracle Applications DBA supporting Oracle EBS (R11i/R12)
- Experience in supporting 12.2 Oracle EBS Application's Utilities (e.g. AD Administration, AutoConfig, rapid clone, etc.)
- Experience with installation, configuration, ongoing maintenance and upgrades of Oracle databases
- Experience with patch and maintenance in a multi-node installation
- Expertise in various operating systems
- Experience with logical and physical data modeling
- Three or more years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2005, 2008)
- Experience with data warehousing, multi-dimensional databases, and business intelligence is not required, but preferred
- Thorough knowledge of underlying the Oracle Applications Technology Stack, database architecture, ETL design principles, schemas/products, and database objects
- Proficiency in SQL, PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripting
- Proficiency with WebLogic Application Server Installation, Configuration, Deployment Administration & Troubleshooting
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as exceptional analytical and time management capabilities
- Possess strong documentation skills
- Ability to anticipate and proactively handle issues
- Ability to work without close supervision, keeping focused on short and long-term support objectives
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, IT teams, departments and levels
- Exhibit unwavering honesty and integrity
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor