Job ID 6455953
Supports theoretical knowledge, ethical principles, research, specialized clinical skills, collegial and interdisciplinary collaboration that enhance perioperative nursing and training.
Implements educational plans for orientation, inservice programs, new technology/procedures/equipment and continuing education programs. Enhances the professional growth of the staff in relation to critical thinking, professionalism, competence and personal enhancement of the perioperative team. Scrubs and circulates cases individually and with staff to promote and advance excellence in the provision of perioperative care to our patients.
- Required: Successful completion of Periop 101 program or 6 month equivalent in OR training. 5 year minimum of OR experience involving complex cases such as cardiothoracic, vascular endovascular, bariatrics, and general surgery.
- Preferred: Perioperative educator, Specialty Team Lead or OR clinical coordinator
- Required: BSN
- Preferred: AORN certification
- Completes all required competency assessment requirements in specified time frame. Completes a minimum of 30 contact hours of continuing education annually.
License and Credentials
- Required: NJ RN License, BLS, ACLS certifications
- Preferred: MSN preferred-
- Required: circulating and scrubbing cases within last 12 months
- Preferred: current position in OR area scrubbing and circulating complex cases