Optometrist act as a representative for our brand, educating others about our mission and values while providing impeccable professional and customer service.
What you’ll do:
- Perform excellent comprehensive eye exams (including dilated fundus exams) in a efficient and timely manner
- Act as a representative for our brand to help educated and excite others about our mission and values
- Ensure flawless accuracy in taking measurement and diagnosing ocular conditions
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge as well as accurately describing feature and benefits of various lenses and our frames
- Comfortably explain eye health, eyewear, and prescription terminology to patients
- Innovate and share best practices for eyecare and customer service to implement throughout the organization.
Who you are:
- Passionate about fashion, eyewear, and healthcare
- Excited by a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Great at communicating clearly and effectively- in person, over the phone, and online
- Able to project a professional, fashion-forward image
- Dedicated to making people happy– you exceed patient expectations with a great attitude while being a fantastic and fun team player
- Self-starter with energy to spare
- Detail-oriented to the point of neuroticism
- Cool under pressure and capable of juggling a diverse set of responsibilities
- OD licensed to practice in D.C.
- Compensation: We will compensate you at competitive hourly wages.
- This is for Full-Time opportunities
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)