The Associate Optometrist is responsible for creating exceptional value in the lives of our patients by delivering and leading the execution of NECE. Partners with the Store Manager and Field Leadership Team to build and secure a safe and motivating work environment that encourages commitment, innovation, success, and continued growth for the organization
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conveys a 100% commitment to providing excellent Patient/Customer Service through delivering and leading the execution of NECE.
- Assists with greeting patients and answering phones when needed.
- Conducts all service in accordance with Clinical Protocols and accepted standards of care.
- Ensures all patients receive accurate diagnosis and appropriate recommendations.
- Establishes a positive Doctor/Patient relationship.
- Coaches Associate Doctors on clinical protocols (Audits charts as appropriate).
- Communicates effectively with all store associates to ensure a seamless eyecare experience and beneficial patient outcome by:
- Uncovering patients' multiple needs and prescribing products and services to meet those needs
- Effective transitioning of patients to a sales associate with dialogue regarding the patient's needs and prescribed products and services
- Focuses on developing the most qualified Associate Doctors and store associates by ensuring training in the following areas:
- Front desk procedures
- Telephone skills
- Contact Lens Training
- Clinical Protocols
- Pearle Certified Eyecare
- Company safety, Diversity, HIPPA, and Loss Prevention
- Leadership and Management
- Encourages associate decision making at the level closest to the patient.
- Delivers clear, motivating, and constructive feedback to Associate Doctors and associates in a timely manner.
- Confronts problem performers directly without delay in conjunction with Store Manager; initiates appropriate disciplinary action when necessary and follows up to monitor progress.
- Partners with Store Manager to complete annual performance reviews for Associate Doctors.
- Provides feedback to the Store Manager for store associates' reviews.
- Collaborates with Store Manager to achieve total store success.
- Strives to achieve "Far Exceeds Expectations" on all targets set for the following areas:
- Secret shops
- Sales plan % to goal
- Exam growth
- Store profitability
- Ancillary Services/ Adherence to Clinical Protocols
- Key Performance Indicators
- Recruits and selects high caliber staff in conjunction with Store Manager.
- Collaborates with Store Manager to forecast staffing needs accurately based on business trends.
- Adheres to approved staffing and scheduling guidelines.
- Supervises and validates receipt of CL diagnostics and physical inventory.
- Ensures Managed Vision Care claims are processed timely and accurately.
- Takes ownership for ensuring that the doctor's office supplies and company approved forms are ordered in a timely manner.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the office and store and ensures visual displays are in accordance with company provided guidelines.
- Doctor of Optometry
- Required knowledge of current Optometric technology and practices
- Developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organization and time management skills