Working closely with each member of our development team, you’ll be applying your design, engineering, integration, and productization skills to incorporate elegant solutions to Voyant’s novel products from prototypes to large scale production.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a small team and be a key player in leading cutting edge photonics development.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for complete design process, including requirements specification, feasibility studies, cost and scheduling, conducting various analysis, such as stress, thermal, fluid and vibration modeling, conceptual and detailed design, detailed drawings, design review presentations, procurement of prototype parts, system integration, prototype testing and scaling towards manufacturing
- Develop free space optical subsystems for LiDAR devices
- Create lens mounts and fixture designs utilizing miniature optics, with micron alignments, and micron level passive placements
- Provide solutions for Si Ph chip-to-lens mounting with a focus on manufacturability
What we need from you:
- Minimum of BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years of experience in related engineering roles
- 3+ years’ experience with full life cycle design of optical systemd
- Design and fabrication experience ranging from small quantity prototypes to large scale manufacturing