Optimization Program Manager (full-time) - Lake Mary, FL
- Communication – experience presenting information to senior management.
- Microsoft Office, MS Project or Primavera Version 6
- Project Management and design experience on Power Plant systems.
- Controls and Instrumentation including use of Remote Input / Output (I/O)
- NETMATION system is preferred, but similar acceptable
- ElectricalDistribution systems. (Low voltage, medium voltage)
- FieldBUS / ProfiBUS experience an asset
- Life Cycle processes knowledge
- Estimation, planning, design, manufacture
- Engineering change management
- Risk analysis
- Actual work on power plant configuration and design
- Can be with OEM or with EPC (Engineering Procurement Construction company)
- Relocation Assistance is available
- 25% Travel Expectation
- Do they understand and can they apply to design the electrical hazard classifications associated with a power plant. Deals with selecting the right components for the job.
- Instrumentation. Have they personally completed designs for instrumentation and controls? Including selection and method of installing cabling. Do they know typical wiring and cables used for different instruments? Are they familiar with gas turbine instrumentation packages?
- Electrical. More than a single line diagram. Have they personally designed modular packages, optimizing layouts of each cabinet, placement of different components in the modules, cable/conduit tray systems, distribution, remote I/O, FieldBUS.
- Digital Control System (DCS). Must have experience with this. In order of preference – Netmation, Emerson, GE/Siemens systems.
- Applicant must have previous experience with Control systems in addition to electrical and instrumentation.
- Preference given to individuals that have led modernization efforts of Combined Cycle Power Plant control systems.
- There will be a heavy focus on Control system architecture, optimization of physical layout and distribution, while supporting selection of network hardware.
- Must balance factory versus EPC work scope and lower costs to the end customer.
- Salary flexible for the right candidate.
- Candidate with above needed experience will likely have 8-10 years experience.
- Leadership qualities a must.
- Looking for a leader who is able to engage and mentor other engineers.
- Ideal candidate a big picture thinker who is able to share and implement ideas regarding new technology.
- Responsible for leading optimization programs focused on electrical, instrumentation and controls construction strategies, improve competitiveness, decrease costs and increase operating margin.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating, and administering optimization programs from the conceptual stages through planning, engineering, inclusion in new proposals, procurement, construction, start-up, performance testing, initial operations, and prime contract closeout.
- Will have accountability for budgeting resources to implement and manage contracted resources and/or engineering resources to execute on time, too budget.
- Responsible for assisting Project Management and Sales to develop technical and pricing proposal strategies to upsell to customer and EPC.
- Also supportssales and marketing by providing input for development of presentations to customers and EPC.
- Supervises the development of budgets and schedules, manages performance, reports progress, and initiates action to assure program objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications.
- Has overall responsibility for Program execution, ensuring that Program is delivered within contract requirements, standards of quality and safety and to Customer and performance expectations.