Job Description :
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is the advanced computing asset of Lockheed Martin Corporation – a global enterprise with core businesses in systems integration, space, aeronautics, and technology services.
The mission at the Advanced Technology Laboratories is to enhance the Corporation’s competitive edge. We are a group of professionals who develop and apply “cutting edge” software technologies. We perform applied research in advanced signal processing, physics, acoustics and optical, wireless and networking.
This assignment involves modeling, simulation, design and testing of photonic systems with a focus on the transport and processing of high frequency RF signals. Candidates will lead and partake in small, focused development teams in order to create real world solutions using scientific first principles into innovative designs for applied technologies. The researcher must be prepared to identify and adapt early stage technology concepts to meet the needs of our DoD customers.
Proficiency with optics/photonics theoretical principles and tools is required. Proficiency with MATLAB, Simulink, Labview, SPICE and/or other modeling and simulation tools is required. Basic knowledge of C or C++ is preferred. Hands on experience with photonics and their application to high frequency RF systems is preferred.
Candidates would work on one or more of the following topics:
* Development, testing, and integration of high performance ruggedized photonic/fiber optic systems
* Modeling and simulation efforts related to these systems
* Support electrical and/or software design efforts related to these systems
* Candidate should have a Masters or PhD degree from an accredited college in ElectricalEngineering, Physics or a related discipline, with a focus on development and/or applications of photonic systems.
* Subject matter expertise with optic and photonic theoretical and practical principles. Ability to guide engineers without expertise in these areas in the execution of experiments.
* Theoretical or practical experience with RF applications such as Radar, Communications and/or Electronic Warfare.
* Strong verbal and written skills and ability to present complex technical issues to stakeholders.
* Proficiency with MATLAB, OptSim, and/or COMSOL.
* Ability to obtain a DoD clearance, eligibility for which requires US Citizenship.
*Experience in capture and execution of DoD Contract Research and Development (CRAD) efforts.
* Practical knowledge in the fabrication, integration, and packaging of semiconductor devices. Familiarity with state-of-the-art heterogeneous device integration and optical coupling techniques.
* Digital and analog circuit design experience.
* Active DoD Secret clearance.
* Willingness to travel .