We are building solutions for tomorrow – in communications, cloud & cloud services, AI-enabled computing and transportation and its ecosystem, inter-satellite communications and autonomous vehicles – all areas where leading technology in the highest speed optoelectronics is critical to make the work more connected, mobile, efficient, and accessible.
The Senior Optical Test Engineer characterizes and tests very high-speed electro-optical devices – this includes device characterization, EVT, test data analysis, and failure analysis. Develop automated test tools and lab environment for efficient and reliable data collection for both R&D and manufacturing. Conducts design verification and the adaptation of test stations from the design verification environment to high-volume manufacturing test platforms.
This role requires someone who’s ambitious, self-directed, independent, and adept in the lab, and must possess the ability and desire to learn.
· A BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics along with 5+ years of relevant experience, a MS or PhD is preferred
· 3+ years’ reverent industry / academic experience with component characterization, opto electronic component test and evaluation.
· Prior experience with high-speed RF characterization tools & methods, optical testing, and analyze measurement data to extract key device performance features
· Experience in developing automation software languages (Python, VB.Net, Matlab, or Labview)
· Proficient working with large datasets and statistical analysis tools
· Strong oral and written English communication and interpersonal skills
· Communication link testing including BER measurements and experience with coherent communication system and link testing is highly desirable
Valid through: 12/6/2021