Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Job Position Summary Description: This position will be responsible for sales engineering functions for the US Major Telco Customer Team. Sales Engineer will support Account Directors in winning new ION Optical business. Key Responsibilities / Functions:
- Partnering with the sales team to drive orders by providing innovative solutions and product development for net new business.
- Obtains Customer requirements and translates these into a (Customer specific) Solution Design and/or Nokia offer.
- Leads prioritization of Customer solution / technical requirements and champions resolution of solution / product gaps internally.
- Articulates the Nokia vision on technologies and solutions towards the Customer; positions Nokia as thought leader on key technological developments.
- Leads solution definition and design both internal within Nokia as well as towards the Customer.
- Leads the technical relationship towards the Customer.
- Support and drive lab testing for new business opportunities.
- Is an integral part of the sales team, leading all technical aspects in support of sales initiatives.
- Development of technical whitepapers applied to the opportunities to win business.
Locations: The candidate should be located in Plano, TX; Denver, CO; or Tulsa, OK. Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with DWDM deployment and support in both long haul and metro environments.
- Experience with Nokia’s 1830 product line, including EPT and OMS
- Proven experience in Lab testing of new solutions with integration to production, including test planarchitecture and designs.
- Must have understanding of end to end network and applications flows between the different operations groups to tie in new technologies and solutions.
- Strong knowledge of the competitive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate technical solutions with the customer, internal product groups and customer teams.
- Ability to seize the initiative and lead in the absence of direct supervision.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Bachelordegree or equivalent experience.
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Routing/MPLS experiencepreferred, but not required.