We are currently seeking an experienced Optical Laboratory Branch Manager for our well established Traverse City, MI location. This is an excellent opportunity to join our TEAM…We are the #1 independent optical wholesaler in America!
Overall leadership and managerial responsibility for the efficient operation and production of an Ophthalmic Laboratory serving the account base in such a way as to expand and sustain the growth of the branch. Additionally, the Branch Manager is responsible for laboratory profitability and maintenance of a TEAM environment among the office and production staff in the service to our accounts.
- Must be technically sound and have familiarity with lab functions for the production of ophthalmic lenses;
- Working knowledge of inventory control methods, P & L statements and production work flow;
- Strong personal leadership and communication skills;
- Ability to build/manage employee team...hire, train, coach and motivate personnel;
- Maintain a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA standards;
- Ability to interface with customer accounts and sales team...retain, develop and foster customer relations.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and insurable driving record that complies with The Walman Optical Company Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Management / Assistant Management experience
- Minimum 5 years hands-on optical laboratory production experience; Surface and/or Finish
- Training in optical technology or equivalent manufacturing industry experience
- Digital Vision Inc. (DVI) optical manufacturing software experience a major plu