The networkinfrastructure it takes to support this level of service is one of the largest and most complex in the world. Facebook is seeking a technically strong leader for its Optical Network Engineering team to take this network to the next levels of growth, innovation and performance, while advancing the company’s cultural values of hard work, transparency and individual ownership of getting it right. This team is responsible for the design and engineering of our Metro and Long haul Fiber Networks and to partner with other teams to develop systems and tools to manage it.
The successful candidate will have an ability to combine leadership with strong technology understanding, thrive in a fast-moving environment, and work well with cross-functional teams. This is a full-time role located in Menlo Park, CA.
- Manage the development, network design, implementation, and support of Facebook’s Terrestrial Optical Network.
- Lead a global team of talented engineers supporting Facebook's production networkinfrastructure.
- Work with multiple platform vendors and standards bodies to deliver the various components of the networkarchitecture.
- Work with various internal teams to understand FB's network, user base, performance constraints and growth requirements.
- 3+ years in a management or technical leadership role.
- Proven track record of building and leading engineering teams.
- Technical experience in optical technologies, including knowledge of Long Haul/Metro realms, modulation techniques, and link engineering/new trends in terrestrialnetworks.
- Knowledge of the network industry including main vendors and networks.
- Experience building and designing optical networks.