Job Description: We are currently seeking a self-motivated Optical Engineer to join a cross-functional team of Program Managers, Optical Engineers, Physicists, Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Software Engineers and Technicians. The chosen candidate will work on a wide range of government and commercial projects including, but not limited to, passive optical components, fiber optic and free-space communication systems and imaging systems. The candidate should have a successful track record of supporting business development efforts by creating new concepts, writing white papers & proposals, making presentations and leading new technical efforts.
- Exercise creative thinking for developing unique solutions to advance our core and new business areas
- Develop hardware, lead design & prototyping efforts and bring products to market
- Author white papers, proposals and make presentations to internal staff, executive management, existing customers and potential new customers
- Be self directed as an individual contributor, work as a team member in an IPT environment, or lead a small technical team of scientist, engineers and technicians
- U.S. citizenship required
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Top Secret U.S. Government security clearance
- Solid understanding of analog & digital communications and free-space optics
- Experience with modeling and simulation using Mathcad, Matlab, Zemax, LabView, etc.
- Experience working with communications hardware, fiber optic hardware, and imaging systems
- Exposure to low volume manufacturing facilities & test laboratories
Education: BS degree +5 years of experience in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics or, MS degree +3 years of experience in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics Additional Information: This position offers a career path at a competitive salary with excellent benefits including relocation assistance if needed, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement and more. Take the next step and make a difference in your career - Join the L3 Technologies PHOTONICS team.