We are looking for an Optical Engineer to join our Brain-Computer Interface (BCI) team in Menlo Park, CA. In this role, you will beresponsible for building optical systems, including light sources, sensors, waveguides, and related technology building blocks to enable next generationarchitectures for novel neural interface technologies. Our research is focused on developing functional brain-computer interface (BCI) technologies for use in consumer electronic products. Our team collaborates extensively with small companies and academic institutions, and publishes in peer-reviewed journals.
- Build, evaluate and characterize electro-optic systems in a laboratory environment
- Perform simulations, modeling and prototyping for next-generation optical systems
- Support development of data processing algorithms
- Work closely with the research and engineering staff to execute experimental designs and support prototype development
- Advanced degree (Master or equivalent) in the field of Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline with 3+ years of experience
- Experience with experimental optics and laboratory work on setting up of proof-of-concept systems and performance evaluation
- Knowledge with optical metrology tools such as interferometry, image quality testing, polarization characterization, spectroscopy, etc.
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware systems, including debug and testing and test result preparation
- Experience with cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Experience in scientific computing, including signal and image processing
- Ph.D. Degree in Optics, Biomedical Optics, Physics or equivalent experience
- Experienced in data analysis and scientific computing using Python
- Experience with light-matter interaction or light scattering in random media
- Experience with optical design and optical field modeling methods and tools