Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion.At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a Nokia Optical Consulting Sales Engineer, you will own the local technical relationship with our customers.
You will sell on a personal trust level with Engineering and Operations, leveraging your relationships to ensure clear understanding of customer operational model, decision and certification processes. You will work closely with the ION RBC to track solution evolution planning, training engagements and ensure opportuntities are clearly identified. The Optical Consulting Engineer is responsible for quoting and driving near term revenue. He or She will develop expertise in Nokia design process and work closely with the RBC Solution Architecture team.
He or She is the local eyes and ears of Nokia. Must maintain a consistent on-site cadence with customer to ensure hallway perception is managed, protecting the customer's confidence in Nokia as a trusted partner.
- 5-10 Year supporting DWDM, OTN and L2 transport soutions including but not limited to:
- line design using vendor design/planning tools
- quoting/proposal generation
- hands on experience with NE (CLI, TL1, Web/Craft interface)
- hands on experience with NMS and OSS tool integration
- hands on experience installing and integrating complex ROADM networks
- knowledge of SDN architectures and open APIs such as NetConf/Yang, REST, JSON, OpenConfig, etc.
- good communication skills, independent worker.
- prefer locations - Tulsa, OK, Dallas, TX or Kansas City, MI area