Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
Do you wish you could put your manufacturing engineering experience to better use? If you are ready of a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do; this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Columbus Forge Blades, a recognized leader in producing airfoils for the aerospace propulsion market. Do you would want to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice? This may be the opportunity for you.
- You will develop and implement plans that are in line with the business strategy to foster our outstanding technology portfolio
- Provide operational engineering support to develop technologies and processes which support the growth curve and cost reduction targets Use manufacturing innovations to improve cost, delivery, and quality of aerospace airfoils and you will develop plans and processes to align with our growth strategy to support the next generation of aerospace propulsion systems
- You will perform research and development activities to support other functional areas regarding technical and or material/metallurgical issues related to quality, operations, and processes
- Assist with problem solving during manufacturing related investigations Support operational excellence using statistical analysis for process control and certification
- Lead the ACE journey to continuously improve the quality and exceed customer’s expectations
- Demonstrate dedication to the EH&S program by aligning with all policies and procedures
- This position is part of Columbus Forge Blades talent growth strategy to maintain our high-reaching advantage in the airfoil industry
- Develop airfoil process using statistical methods that meet or exceed the business objective for process control
- Responsible for all aspects of part maturation from raw material to end use.
- Craft capital plans and specify equipment to meet the growing needs of the manufacturing unit
- Periodic travelrequired 10%
- Final grade for this position has not been settled.
- Understanding of and hands on experience with super alloy traditional machining and processing of complex 3-D geometries.
- Knowledge of media finishing processes including tumble polishing, blasting, peening, and chemical processing
- Experience with modern inspection technologies such as laser scanning, structured light or blue light, as well as traditional metrology & CMM.
- Knowledge of broaching, multi axis and milling, and mill-turn techniques to produce airfoils from super alloy forgings is a plus
- Knowledge of thermal processing of super alloys, robotics, heat treat, conventional and non-conventional machining techniques is a plus
- Self-starter able to prioritize multiple priorities will little guidance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with project management experience
- Statistical Process Control required D.M.A.I.C., Process Certification, UPPAP, Six Sigma preferred
- Experience working with CAD tools, and build engineering blue prints using ASME Y14.5
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with experience in Project
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (A.C.E., 6S, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree minimum 5+ years of experienceOR
- Master’s degree minimum of 2+ years of experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
Job ID 68482BR