$150K — $200K *
The Opportunity Development Manager II/Inside Sales will identify, negotiate and manage strategic relationships with biomedical, academic and pharmaceutical partners. Overall responsibility for ensuring revenue and management objectives are met and exceeded for all North American and International Territories (excluding China) including designated national accounts.
1.) Leads a team of Inside Sales Opportunity Development Managers in their
focus to develop, in a collaborative effort with the JAX Marketing team, strong
customer relationships with identified leads who are underutilizing JAX’s Mice
2.) Conducts targeted outreach, as well as lead and opportunity development in
support of the ongoing inside sales activities.
Measures of success include:
1.) Incremental revenue growth based on new business and accepted new projects (new won opportunities).
2.) Development and onboarding of new client contacts and accounts who
previously resided in JAX’s uncaptured market space.
3.) Effective growth of all individual contributors on the inside sales team
This role relies on sales and leadership experience to accomplish established goals and works with limited guidance and supervision for the Director of North American Opportunity Development.
This is a remote based position with <30% travel.
*Please include a cover letter of interest with your current resume*
· Meet with prospective customers to identify their needs and provide JMCRS
mouse and Service Solutions.
· Maintain CRM -database with updated customer information as well as updated information on of business opportunities and review existing lead and contact data for accuracy when working with clients
· Provide consultative solutions that create a collaborative relationship to address the unique needs of our customers.
· Develop and execute strategic campaign plans to engage new or underserved
clients, qualify leads and close business
· Leads and directs the assignments of a group of Inside sales ODMs, manages
assignments, mentors and trains others on the ODM team, assists in professional development of team members and ongoing performance management of assigned staff.
· BS/BA required in Life or Animal Sciences, MS/MBA desirable
· 7 years or more of direct biomedical or animal science sales experience including documented, successful field territory management experience or equivalent leadership experience.
· Demonstrated ability to lead, direct, train and mentor teams
· Ability to Travel up to 30%
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to build strong relationships with external and internal customers.
· Strong consultative selling skills and proven capability to close sales.
· Ability to take direction and act in the best interest of the Sales Team and The Jackson Laboratory
· Must possess valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,400 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
Valid through: 6/1/2021
$200K — $250K *
3 days ago
$200K — $325K + $30K bonus *