This role requires a sales representative comfortable with cold-calling and building a portfolio of accounts within the defined terrirotry. The position provides a high level of training, education and technical support for B&L DoctorRx Allergy Testing Panel and other Diagnostic products as needed. This highly trained specialist plays a leading role within a support organization that is critical to the growth of the company's Allergy/Diagnostic business within the US.
The Diagnostic Account Specialist (DAS) role involves routine assistance with key accounts in understanding the clinical aspects of allergy testing. This position will report to the Diagnostic Account Manager. The territory for this role covers most states that do not border the Atlantic ocean. Basically Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Idaho, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Texas, Montana, North and South Dakota, Idaho, Nebraska, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Minnesota, Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Tennessee.
- This individual is responsible for optimizing diagnostic tests through education and training of physicians, technicians, and staff.
- Clinical in-service and train B+L customers prior to and following delivery of the diagnostics products
- The DAS will perform field training and product sales/supply/refill of test panels as needed and will be responsible for assisting colleague sales representatives in teaching clinics, office visits and follow-up.
- Will collaborate with Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives on the implementation and execution of diagnostic testing at key accounts.
- This individual is expected to execute all customer administrative and written duties in a timely fashion with a key responsibilities being in-office demonstrations and follow up training as needed.
- Follow up on new sales opportunities in a timely manner.
- Provide product knowledge and procedural knowledge to support sales personnel in the field.
- Responsible for meeting yearly sales and service goals.
- Ability to handle customer questions and objections in a way that is consistent with product indications and sales training methodology.
- Will attend local/national sales meetings and national eye care conventions as needed.
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability.
- Must be a team player and have self-confidence without arrogance; superb communication skills and the ability to do more with less.
- Must have strong presentation skills, excellent product knowledge and the ability to understand and perform in a complex selling environment.
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills. Must possess a strong degree of self-discipline and autonomy.
- Ability to target accounts and achieve results through a daily action plan and collaborate with other colleagues (peers, marketing, leadership and KOL's).
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ year's pharmaceutical/biotech/diagnostic sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ophthalmic, Optometric and Buy-and-Build experience preferred.
- This role covers a large geographic area, extensive travel is required, up to 60-70%.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a pleasant, responsive attitude to be highly effective in a clinical teaching environment.