Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Provide Operations support and effective project management for key business growth, brand maintenance and productivity improvement initiatives. As the Operations Lead and primary Supply Chain resource for assigned business teams, the position will ensure effective use of resources and communication of priorities across the Supply Chain functions for assigned businesses.
- Operations Lead and primary supply chain contact to the business team.
- The incumbent’s primary accountabilities support the achievement of net sales, profit and Supply Chain cost/KPI achievement for assigned product categories and plants.
- Internal Contacts: Plants, Logistics, S&OP, Enterprise/division purchasing, RQ&I, Technology/Q.A., Engineering, Finance, Business teams – all levels in organization
- External Contacts: Material suppliers, Co-manufacturers, equipment vendors.
- Provide effective portfolio/program management process leadership to assigned product categories and plants. Ensure proper application of project management tools, stage/gate models and prioritization.
- Project management leadership of new product/offering commercialization projects for assigned product groups. Coordinate and support cost build-up, CIR development, material set-up/readiness, scale-up efforts and launch/post launch metrics.
- Project management for cost improvement efforts for assigned product groups, ensuring annual target achievement and steering team effectiveness. Participate/provide support to plant and other Supply Chain performance improvement efforts, as requested;
- Manage and drive business simplification efforts for assigned product groups – examples including Active SKU Management, packaging standardization, and component/specification consolidation. Work with business team to assess product offerings and ongoing effective use of Supply Chain resources;
- Provide business planning support (Strategic Plan, Operating Plan, Capital Planning) to assigned business teams and plant locations;
- Monitor Supply Chain KPI’s for assigned product groups, providing improvement plan support to plants/key Supply Chain functions; as requested;
- Support quality improvement strategies for assigned product groups;
- Other Supply Chain or business initiative support as assigned.
- B.S. degreerequired, preferably in Engineering, Business or Finance.
- 3-5 years minimum, previous experience in manufacturing, engineering (strongly preferred) and/or other Supply Chain functions.
- Exposure to multiple Supply Chain and other business disciplines (Purchasing, manufacturing, logistics, RQI, etc.) in previous positions or project work preferred.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing unit operations;
- The position requires strong project and influence management skills to lead cross-functional project teams.
- Exposure to new product commercialization and start-up procedures;
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently;
- Strong problem solving aptitude;
- Influence management skills with the ability to manage cross-functional resources without direct reporting relationships;
- Excellent communication skills - both formal and informal with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization;
- Possess continuous improvement mindset;
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain cost structure. Able to interpret cost build-up, trends and ConAgra Foods financial statements;
- Highly collaborative leadership style with the ability to lead effectively and handle conflict in cross-functional integration role;
- Exposure to Supply Chain IT transaction systems and information flow;
- Low/High Complexity Projects
- Size and strategic importance of brands
- Size and number of plants supporting on operations side
- 20%-30% travelrequired
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.