Operations Workstream Leader
To play a key role in post-merger integration. In this role you will drive to capture value and synergies of businesses acquired by Philips by coordinating, planning, and directing the integration of operations activities and by focusing on achievement of key operational drivers and metrics.
- The Operations Workstream Leader works closely with the business integration lead from preparation of the integration plan (input RFA) up to and with post close execution.
- The primary objective of the role is to realize value creation targets and strategic rationale from the acquisition in an effective way.
- The secondary objective is to ensure a smooth and gradual transition to Philips Industrial processes and policies.
- The Operations Workstream Leader is guided by the M&A Operations Functional Expert in the area of integration related expertise and learning as well as by the PMI Program Manager in the area of project planning, approach, execution and tracking.
- Development of the Operations Workstream charter (scope, deliverables, resources, actions.) in close cooperation with the Business Integration Leader and PMI Program Manager;
- Leads the Operations Workstream, supporting the value creation Workstreams for Operations related items. This is either directly as project leader or through appointed sub-project leaders;
- Provides Operations data to the Business Integration Leader; PMI Program Manager and M&A Operations Functional Expert to enable measurement & reporting of synergy benefits and other integration KPIs;
- Reports to Business Integration Leader; and M&A Operations Functional Expert on project status, progress, risks, issues and blockages and on project linkages/dependencies;
- Supports the Business Integration Leader that (PMI) resources are applied as planned;
- Attends and reports as required at Integration Steering Committee meeting.
- Employees need to focus on delivering business and integration results while in the same time there is a strong need to balance the uncertainty and complexity.
- Needs to appreciate (organizational) cultural differences and different management practices, utilize optimum change management methods, and define way forward as part of Philips.
- Needs to be able to work in an effective and impactful way in complex governance models and matrix organization at both Philips and if applicable at acquired business. Can bridge and connect acquired company with applicable resources within Philips organization.
- Needs to balance the need for certainty with the need for action. Need to be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity and willing to make difficult decisions without complete information and act according to PDCA (plan, do, check, and act).
Philips is a leading health technology company focused on improving people’s health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. The company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted2015sales of EUR 16.8 billion and employs over 70,000+ employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries.
We Are Looking For:
- Master degree or equivalent (MBA or other post graduate work a plus), preferably in Operations or Supply Chain Management
- Overall Operations experience of 5+ years
- Excellent influence and people skills
- Worked successfully within and sensitive to differing business cultures
- Fluent in language dominantly used by employees and management team of acquired company
- Strong project management skills and mindset, attitude and skills to be teaching and coaching Operations employees of acquired company
- Thinks out of the box and is open to different and new ways of working
- Adequately dedicated to integration function and available for visiting the acquired sites (dependent on the size of the acquisition)
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.