We are seeking an Operations Telecom Engineer to be responsible for delivery of highly complex Telecom engineering and operations. Uses their technical expertise to provide a range of services and solutions revolving around different modes of communication and information transfer, such as wireless telephony services, radio and satellite communications, internet and broadband technologies.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for analysis, creation, deployment, software configuration, and complex troubleshooting of enterprise telecom technology and solutions which support critical care, clinical systems and business operations. Ensures the highest levels of engineering standards are delivered and executed in production, while supporting the design and development of telecom infrastructure across the enterprise and/or in centralized, regional or ministry-based environments.
- Executes major incident resolution of highly complex and advanced IP voice, LAN, WLAN, VLAN, and WAN technologies.
- Ensures data integrity and throughput using appropriate monitoring and alerting techniques and process.
- Ensures expected levels of information security through delivery of operational best practices for networksecurity and remediation.
- Researches and resolves technical issues and lead problem resolution activities.
- Ensures governance to established Policies, Procedures and HW/SW Standards.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Engineering or MIS. or equivalent educ/experience
- 3+ years of IT industry experiencesupporting production networks in a 24x7 environment.
- 2+ years of Telecom IT related experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- 6+ years of Telecom IT related experience without a degree.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current entry-level Avaya, Cisco, and/or Juniper certification.
- Telecommunications related certifications and/or Low Voltage license highly desirable.
- ITIL certification desired.