The Operations Technician 3 provides expertise and advance technical support for the Federal Managed Services group (FED MES). The ideal candidate for this position will have experience interfacing with internal and external vendors and customers. This position has direct impact on the resolution of complex trouble situations. This customer facing position is responsible for providing "Superior Service" to customer MTIPS, MNS, IP, ATM/Frame, VoIP, and related 8xx, 1+ long distance reported troubles. The incumbent works with customers, vendors, LECs, Voice & Data repair organizations, as well as otherinternal CenturyLink workgroups.
- Identifying and resolving customer reported trouble
- Provide advance technical support to include remote trouble diagnostics and correction
- Assist with answering customer calls during overflow/outage situations
- Updates status to customers on an as required basis
- Escalation of customer and network trouble to ensure timely resolution
- Actively work with local exchange carriers and CenturyLink internal Operations Centers to ensure current services are active and restored within the Service Level Agreements
- Keep the project team updated with daily progress reports on any assigned actions.
- Using Intas, and CLI access this position will isolate layer 1 problems on DS0, DS1 and DS3 circuits on the IP platform, VPN and MPLS Network.
- Detailed understanding of DS0/1 and 3 circuits: point to point, private line, and Ethernet
- 5 + year of technical customer call center experience.
- Associatedegree in Engineering, Electronics, Networks or related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience or 7+ years of related work experience.
- Test knowledge/experience of DS0/DS1 Circuits.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing Protocols, and IP Addressing.
- Experience with basic commands in Cisco, Juniper, and Adtran Routers.
- Experience with Remedy and Solarwinds (WebHelp Desk) trouble ticketing systems.
- Adtran, Cisco, and Juniper Certifications are a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experiencetroubleshooting complex network problems involving power, network hardware, routers, CSU, or carrier services.
- Experience working on complex translations troubles and/or maintenance assignments related to network switching equipment to resolve trouble tickets.
- Advanced expertise with IP routing on multiple router platforms
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols, and IP addressing.
- Experience with advance commands in Cisco, Juniper, and Adtran.
- Excel at working on complex MPLS issues.
- DNS & e-mail problem expertise
- Advanced layer 1 troubleshooting for DS0, DS1, DS3, point to point, private line, and Ethernetcircuits
- Has ability to understand and isolate physical layer problems
- Experience working with software and hardware tools to remotely identify and diagnose WAN problems.
- Ability to understand and isolate physical layer problems.
- Familiarity with long distance and international dialing and routing.
- Ability to identify and resolve customer reported trouble.
- Experience managing customer incoming calls in a call center environment
- Experience working with local and international exchange carriers to resolve trouble.
- Strong technical skill level working on complex assignments within the network systems (implementation, acceptance and change management).
- Ability to resolve complex network problems involving power, network hardware/software, lines, routers, firewalls, modems and terminals.
- Ability to use software/hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems.
- Experience conducting installation and maintenance on complex network monitoring equipment.
- Apply excellent customer service skills
- The desire to work in a complex 24x7 call center.
- Demonstrated proficiency with trouble ticketing application as well as otherinternal tools
- The ability to work off hours/on call and during holidays
- Expertise Mentoring/Training/Coaching team members
Associates or Equivalent
Requisition #: 145012