Energy Transfer Partners - We are one of the largest Master Limited Partnerships with one of the most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States, totaling more than 71,000 miles of natural gas, crude oil, natural gas liquids and refined products pipelines, traversing 36 states with associated terminalling, storage and fractionation facilities.
Energy Transfer is seeking an Operations Supervisor responsible for pipeline technical maintenance for our Dakota Access, LLC. Pipeline (DAPL), which will ship crude oil from the various origination facilities in North Dakota to Patoka, Illinois. This position is located in the main office, in Watford City, North Dakota.
- Position responsible for supervision of pipeline technical maintenance activities through the direction of electrical / electronic technicians, mechanical technicians, as well as perform project management for district technical projects.
- Provide guidance to resolve operational problems as required. Work unified with shared service departments to maintain consistency with all areas of business and maximize benefits of all departments.
- Support of capital projects through project commissioning activities.
- Ensure equipment reliability and efficiency with the support and use of the preventative maintenance program.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations, company policy and company required maintenance inspections.
- Prepare and manage technical maintenance expense budget to complete required repairs/upgrades at a minimum cost and perform budget re-forecasting as appropriate.
- Provide recommendations for system operational improvements through submission of capital and expense projects as part of the annual budgeting process.
- Support and assist with all HES training activities, updates and compliance with HES policies and procedures.
- Provide supervisory relief in various areas in the event of a pipeline emergency or business need.
- Bachelor's degree, Associates degree, or experienced manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience in one of the following disciplines: Pipeline Maintenance, Liquid Terminal Maintenance, Industrial Maintenance, and/or Engineering.
- Must possess knowledge of the electrical/electronic and mechanical components required for liquid pipeline operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to implement Company safety policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent PC skills and be proficient with applicable software applications.
- Knowledge of PLC’s and PLC programming, electrical systems, pumps, engines, motors, valves.
- Must possess knowledge of DOT – OPS regulations including understanding of operator qualifications requirements.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Position subject to 24 hour call, 7 days per week and must have the capability of supervising outdoor technical maintenance activities that are subject to all climate conditions.
- Ability to climb storage tanks and ladders, work safely in hazardous environments, and the ability to respond to emergency situations as required.
- Position is also subject to travel throughout North Dakota or anywhere else temporarily assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Job Location Watford City, North Dakota, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 8464-323