The Managed Networks and Services business area within Harris is seeking an operationally-focused systems engineer/architect to perform requirements and system definition for the Operations Support Systems(OSS) team. This Systems Engineer will work with the various customers, user groups, and stakeholders to identify process improvements, tools, and automations to streamline operations and business office procedures. The duties of this Systems Engineer will include:
- Develop Architecture and associated process for service ordering, provisioning and order tracking for Advanced Network Systems
- Trade current FTI model against Web-based User Portal solution
- Identify mechanisms for secure, pre-authorized self-provisioning
- Establish preferred Service Identifier constructs
- Work with the various teams to analyze processes and tools used by the various groups within and around the NOC, identifying process improvements, tools, and automations.
- Develop System level requirements, concepts of operations, and Interface control documents as necessary to define the system
- Work with the Software team to identify and prioritize tool development
- Conduct and/or participate in design reviews and working groups. Participate in engineering peer reviews as both presenter and reviewer
- Participate in the Software Agile Scrum process
- Provide technical leadership for the complete engineering life-cycle including the production phase.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field), and a minimum of 10 years of applicable experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in systems engineering and/or technical leadership
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s degree or equivalent (MSEE, MSCE, MSSE, MCS [computer science] or a related field)
- Experience writing requirements specifications, Concept of Operations, and/or Interface Definitions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills, the ability to interact with a cross functional team and act as customer interface for technical aspects of projects.
- Flexibility to support the program during non-standard working hours when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Strong experience in the Systems Engineering Lifecycle.
- Previous systems engineering leadership experience.
- Self-starter, with high initiative and drive.
- Familiarity with FAA programs
- Previous experienceworking with OSS and/or BSS systems
- Familiarity with networkarchitectures, network management, and related protocols
- Familiarity with business office processes and tools for ordering, invoicing, etc.
- Experience with the agilescrum development methodology
Job Code: ES20180603-23752