ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Develops and enhances store communication strategy that supports effective implementation of operational and merchandising initiatives in the field.
- Implements store communication strategy in partnership with Executive Director of Operations.
- Identifies tools and resources needed to maintain a successful store communication strategy.
- Develops relationships with vendors and communication professionals to stay ahead of industry trends.
- Establishes standardized communication guidelines and best practices for store communication.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of tools to manage the timing of all plans and projects implemented in the field.
- Develops implementation plan for all aspects of store communication and program launches.
- Researches, analyzes, develops and recommends processes and procedures that impact execution in the stores to meet business objectives and compliance needs.
- Develops and implements communication strategy for District Operations and Merchandise Partners.
- Responsible for leading and maintaining simplified best practices and processes.
- Provides subject matter expertise and feedback to teams involved in the development of best practices, processes and merchandising guidelines that impact store operations.
- Develops and implements process to update and maintain store best practices and processes.
- Provides guidelines and templates to be used to create or enhance best practices and processes for support center business partners.
- Acts as gatekeeper for communication channels to stores.
- Measures results for continuous improvement.
- Acts as a liaison between Store Operations and all other corporate departments; attends a variety of meetings with related business areas to represent the store operations function.
- Identifies metrics and develops a scorecard to ensure consistency of execution across stores and districts.
- Identifies metrics, builds a scorecard to ensure consistency of execution for corporate departments.
- Maintains all project plans, ensures compliance to timeframe and collaborates with stakeholders for all implementation processes.
- Directs operational and fiscal activities of the Operations Support team and creates a positive experience for team members as a servant leader.
- Develops department plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities.
- Interviews, selects, evaluates and recognizes team member results and actions.
- Promotes a constructive work environment, organizing staff to accomplish work and meet business demands and encouraging initiative and risk taking.
- Provides team with opportunities for on-going self-development.
- Manages operational and fiscal activities of a department to include staffing levels, budgets and/or financial goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications or related field, plus a minimum of five (5) years of communication and/or store management experience in the retail industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated project leadership experience is required.
· Strong knowledge of retail store operations, merchandising and process improvement
· Expertise in communication practices and methods
· Advanced Project leadership methods in areas such as negotiating and managing stakeholder expectation, risk identification and management, assessing progress and control methods.
· High level of computer literacy and ability to operate related software programs
· Strategic-thinker, ability to plan long-range, connect projects and people across the organization.
· Agility to manage day-to-day, to forecast and manage the pace of information flow.
· Effective communication, both verbally and in writing.
· Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
· Can provide guidance and input on a diverse range of technical and store operational issues and problems.
· Can effectively communicate project plans and implementation.
· Can conduct and facilitate a variety of meetings.
· Ability to forecast and manage the pace of information flow.
Certification in Project Management, preferred