We are looking for Operations Support Engineer (Tier 1) for our client in Windsor, CT
Job Title: Operations Support Engineer (Tier 1)
Job Location: Windsor, CT
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Responsible for monitoring and managing software application systems, services and related information technology components.
Application Operations Support:
- Ongoing data and system monitoring
- Ownership and excellence in service of business applications.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot, upgrade and patch applications.
- Ensure scheduled jobs and automated processes run as designed.
- Service Availability
- Implement comprehensive system monitoring to minimize false alerts and reduce response time.
- Incident Management and Request Fulfillment
- Conduct root cause analysis on a routine basis and take action to prevent future occurrences of incidents.
- Exhibit mastery of service excellence with an emphasis on ownership of issues and drive for results.
- Complete incident and service request in a timely manner in order to meet service level agreement (SLA) expectations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Able to problem solve by looking at system generated error logs tracking file processing to determine when errors occur, and attempt to determine why they occurred, based on business rules.
- Follow escalation techniques based on business rules and guidelines.
- Communicate issues via reports, error logs, and other means.
- Demonstrates a commitment to working effectively as a team and to ongoing self-development:
- Participate in an on-call rotation schedule. Nights, weekends/holidays.
- Effectively manage time and resources.
- This may include allocating resources from other groups and coordinating testing efforts of other departments.
- Work directly with clients.
- Comfortable in working directly with external clients as both a resource as well as a subject matter expert for the business process, while creating strong business rapport with all external clients.
- Service Management, Remedy
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Adobe Reader.
- Quality Analysis– Candidate should have a high level knowledge of report presentation, and be able to complete test processed files
- Folder structures and Storage – Candidate should understand high level basic Windows styled folder structures
- Data Analysis - Candidate should have experience in interpreting data (log files, .csv, excel files) into actionable business decisions.
- Candidate should be able to read large pieces of data from processed files, and make conclusions as to next steps, issue management, etc.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation schedule. Nights, weekends/holidays.