Amadeus Airport IT Americas, Inc. is an air transport information technology solutions firm based in Orlando, Florida. Our comprehensive portfolio of solutions enable airports and airlines to better utilize and manage resources, enhance the passenger experience, reduce costs, and optimize revenue generation.
Our operational, passenger processing, intelligent display, and revenue management platforms deliver enterprise-class business intelligence solutions and are the most innovative in the air transport marketplace.
Amadeus Airport IT Americas, Inc. solutions are operational in 30 of the top 50 airports in North America, and as a testament to their scalability, these solutions are at home in another 100 airports and at 60 airlines worldwide
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and experienced Operation Support Engineer to fill a full time role at our Orlando, FL location.
Ensure readiness for the move to production of new products, technologies and software releases. Provide 2nd level support to operations staff and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate technical installation of new releases of software with Development, Product Management, and on-site Operations
- SupportSaaS and local customer implementations and cutovers
- Monitor, test and benchmark new infrastructure technology and support tools in order to continuously improve solutions to Amadeus’ and customer needs in this area
- Optimize productions platforms and operational procedures
- Prepare documentation on how to operate platforms and train the Operations staff as necessary
- Support Operations staff with complex problems and act as an expert within one or more specific areas
- Participate on internal tools development and qualification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- University degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4 to 5years experiencepreferred, including a minimum of 4years in a Linux system administrator role. Previous experience in production support and operations is preferred.
- Airport IT business basic knowledge, undesrtanding customers expectations and challenges
JBoss application server administration
Apache web server administration
Docker deployment and orchestration
Oracle database server administration, database design and optimization would be a plus
Shell, bash, python, ant
*Architecture and design*
Network and related technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, routers, firewalls, load-balancers) advanced knowledge
N-tier architecture advanced knowledge
Web applications knowledge
- Knowledge of Airport IT business and products would be a plus