- Troubleshooting day-to-day customer issues and provide direct support to clients by phone, email, and CRM tools
- Work with the client to communicate important information about system maintenance, changes, events, and to address client concerns regarding any aspect of the services
- Interaction with third-party vendors is required
- Maintenance operations and administration of proprietary systems is an integral part of the position's responsibilities
- Coordination and collaboration with various business units is required
- Assisting other ICE/NYSE staff with problem solving and escalation procedures
- Ability to quickly assess an issue and provide management with well-conceived short- and long-term actions for restoration of service(s) required
- Understand the various trading and clearing platforms and apply technical knowledge to improve system performance and reliability
- Must be able to prepare documentation for troubleshooting and escalation procedures
- Follows organizational practices in regard to Incident, Problem, and Change Management along with the creation of database records for these disciplines
- Control computer system(s) on schedule by means of computer system console, operator checklists, and third-party software.
- This is a 24x7 environment and the position may require weekend scheduling and or working on other shifts.
- This position is not a Systems Administrator or NetworkEngineering position; however, prior experience in these areas is desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Systems/Application support experience OR Associates/Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrate reliability, flexibility, and attention to detail.
- Team member must be willing to rotate through the following shifts as the need arises
- Primary 9 hour shifts range between 7am-7pm
- Periodic rotation through 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Must have availability outside of normal hours and on weekends as required for on-call coverage and extended systems maintenance and upgrades.
Bonus Skills / Meaningful experience with the following industries/technologies is a PLUS:
- Financial markets, trading and clearing systems
- Technology and/or application support (4+ years)
- Network and network forensic analysis (packet capture analysis)
- FIX Protocol
- Java, Visual Basic, or shell scripting
- Solaris, Linux, UNIX operating systems
- Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions
- Understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP and Multicast technologies
- Working knowledge of internetworking and various LAN/WANtechnologies
- Working knowledge of router, switch, firewall, and proxy technologies
- Apache, Akamai (CDN), DNS, LDAP, MySQL ***