at PlatedDallas, TX
The Operations Supervisor role is a very hands-on position responsible for assisting with the management of all aspects of the production and fulfillment areas at our Dallas, TX Fulfillment Center. S/he will be responsible for supervising all functions of the operation, with special focus on ensuring the production schedule is being met daily to ensure accurate and on-timefulfillment of all customer orders, while maintaining our quality standards and communicating issues to the Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will be able to assist in optimizing productivity and managing the performance of all employees, providing mentor-ship and training on a regular basis. The Supervisor must be willing to take part in meeting day to day production goals of the facility, including working on the production line as needed.
- Supervising the pick/pack and shipping areas.
- Ensure accurate and on-time fulfillment of all customer orders.
- Supervise and train the Production and Fulfillment Team to optimize productivity and promote growth.
- Maintain precise inventory and work closely with planning function to ensure adequate supplies are available. Communicate discrepancies to appropriate discipline.
- Ensure all quality control processes are adhered to and all facility personnel are well-trained in all quality control procedures.
- Work with Operations Manager to plan production capacity and staffing levels; schedule personnel and other resources appropriately to efficiently execute the production plan.
- Work with the Operations Manager to help develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to production efficiency, inventory management, quality, fulfillment accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Responsible for managing high volume of temporary employees and production lines with approximately 50% of time spent on the floor.
- Gather operational data and publish metrics/reports as requested.
- Analyze operations and recommend improvements to maximize the efficiency of the operation.
- Promote a positive atmosphere by leading by example, and fostering teamwork and a collaborative working environment.
- Act as backup to manager and others as needed, and perform in those roles when necessary.
- Supervisor must be willing to take part in meeting day to day production goals of the facility, including working on the production line as needed.
- Understand and enforce all quality, safety and customer service standards and best practices.
- Maintain compliance of company sanitation plan and ensure department operates in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Maintain compliance to all safety rules and regulations and ensure the team is operating in accordance to company and OSHA standards.
- Complete and properly store all required records.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous supervisory experience in distribution operations.
- Previous experience working within perishables industry in high-volume distribution environment preferred.
- Must be willing to take on a variety of roles within the Production facility including working on the line when needed.
- Dedicated commitment to customer service and fostering a team environment.
- Excellent ability to prioritize work against tight timelines, operate with a sense of urgency and perform under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player, good motivator and must be able to provide coaching and training in a positive and effective manner.
- General knowledge and/or experience in Quality Control.
- Proficient ability with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. Demonstrated experience using warehouse management systems to manage inventory, favorable.
- Some travel as necessary (5% to 10%)
- Standing 45%
- Walking 45%
- Sitting 10%
- Vision - Near Acuity
- Speaking – ordinary speech
- Hearing – ordinary conversation
- Regular exposure to a cold environment
- Exposure to warehousing equipment hazards
- Standing and walking on wet tiled floors
- Lifting required up to 50lbs. Carrying 20-50 lbs. and pushing/pulling 70+ lbs.
- Weekend work is required. Both Saturday and Sunday depending on the business need.