Pentair currently has an opening for an Operations Sr. Manager to join our team at our Kansas City, KS location. This union site has over 200 employees, $70M in annual sales and services global sales offices and distributors in the municipal, industrial and commercial markets. In this role, the Operations Sr. Manager will build operational talent, address key operational performance challenges and implement sustainable standard practices around lean through the Pentair Integrated Management Systems (PIMS). Additionally, the site leader will partner with cross-functional teams in sales support, engineering and project management to manage major projects through completion.
- Create career growth and rotational opportunities within various areas of the organization
- Pay competitively
- Provide on the job training and mentoring in Pentair’s proven best practices
- Offer health benefits & coaching
- Support your long term retirement goals through a competitive 401K matching and stock purchase plan
- Offer employee discounts
- Protect you with life insurance and other options
- Tell you more about all the great benefits – just ask!
- Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all manufacturing operations of production, machinery, processing, and packaging departments.
- Lead and mentor managers and supervisors in the development of a Winning Culture. Develop and improve the skills, knowledge and abilities of the managers and supervisors to ensure strong succession planning.
- Direct and manage the establishment and maintenance of material replenishment methods, quality standards and performance metrics in support of the organizational goals and objectives.
- Lead safety awareness and implement new and innovative techniques to assure a safe working environment.
- Drive a continuous improvement philosophy utilizing the Toyota Production Systems Lean Manufacturing (TPS).
- Meet and exceed year over year financial targets through active continuous improvement projects and driving material and non-material cost out of the business.
- Collaborative leadership style. Ability to influence decision making, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, lead teams to agreement and resolution, and maintain effective work relationships internally and externally.
- Change leadership. Possess the ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstance and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment. Effectively leads others during times of change.
- Have earned a Bachelor's Degree (B.A.,B.S.) in Operations Management, Business, Engineering or related field. Masters strongly preferred
- Have 12+ years of functional experience
- Have 10+ years of managerial experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Proven history of increased responsibility and knowledge
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory