Why should you come work at T-Mobile? We live the Un-carrier – it's in our DNA! If you want to be part of a team that is going to amaze our business customers by simply listening to their needs and delivering more – apply now! We need someone who is crazy creative…with grit. We are passionate about delivering the Un-carrier promise to our business customers- it's in our DNA! To do this, we are looking for a strong UX Designer to take the experiences of Unified Communications to a whole new level. Your creativity and focus will ensure we exceed the expectations of our enterprise customers and their respective employees.
What you'll do in your role.
As a Senior UX Designer at T-Mobile, you will:
- Work together with our Brand team, Cross-functional team, and other Product teams to design solutions for our Communication and Collaboration products
- Be a key partner in shaping our products by channeling the voice of the user, envisioning initial concepts, proactively iterating upon task flows, wireframes, and mock ups.
- Partner closely with researchers, content strategists, product managers, engineers, and others across the company to understand user behavior both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Articulate and sell your design solutions to other designers, product stakeholders, management and executives.
- Present your work and have your voice heard in design reviews.
- Actively participate in shaping testing protocols to test your work in our live experiences
- Work with a team of world class product designers who love getting into the details, solving hard problems and have a great time doing it.
- Including additional blah, blah, blah – you get it by now!
The experience you'll bring.
- Self-starter and take a proactive stance toward achieving success on your projects
- Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
- Ability to confidently speak about your design solutions, addressing tradeoffs, and how you are reconciling technical, policy and business constraints
- A deep connection to who your users are in, their needs and pain points. Your designs are framed around customer problems and opportunities
- Ability to balance the customer experience with business requirements and considerations
- Excellent hands on design skills – be able to create organized information architecture maps, demonstrate knowledge of UCD methodology, and visualize your designs under a tight schedule through storyboards, wireframes, task flows, and prototypes to meet each stage of development
- Strong interpersonal skills –build positive working relationships with team members, have a good sense of humor, and a positive outlook on things
- BS in HCI, Cognitive Science, User Centered Design, Fine Arts or other related field; 8 + years related experience (or Masters and 6 + years related experience or PhD and 4+ years of experience) and knows what makes an app intuitive to use!
- This team is very data driven. Candidate should have experience and interest in data driven design.
- Experience in B2B software development is strongly preferred
- Experience in designing across platforms and devices
- Have basic sketching skills for rapidly iterating collaboratively
- Adept at using Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Keynote or any number of tools to get your ideas across
- Must be able to prototype using Principle, Invision, Framer or other appropriate software to effectively communicate design concepts
- Be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must include link to an up to date, online portfolio in order to be considered