Operations Specialist, Mag Chloride /Chemical Engineer
Location: Ogden, UT Near Salt Lake City
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred)
- Demonstrated problem solving success in an industrial environment.
- Three plus (5+ preferred) years of supervisory/leadership experience in a heavy industrial setting.
- Five plus years of technical experience in a heavy industrial setting.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing, SPC and/or Six Sigmapreferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an industrial setting.
- Calculates heat and mass balances of plant processes.
- Works in conjunction with operations and engineering to maintain the MOC process.
- Performs fluid mechanics calculations to size new pumps and piping and to evaluate existing systems for problem solving and optimization.
- Conducts plant and lab tests to measure the impact of process changes on plant performance. Assess analysis and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Troubleshoots chemistry and material handling problems, and identifies solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to improve plant efficiencies and prepares Capital Acquisition Requests (CAR?s) with the appropriate supportive documentation
- Regularly monitors plant operations to assure safety, quality and cost controls meet expectations.
- Supports KPI development, measurements, communication, and continuous improvement utilizing Compass Continuous Improvement Process tools
- Provide leadership and support for operational improvement projects, including the development of a technical improvement plan.
- Supports development of training programs and the training of plant operators.
- Modifies, develops and implements SOP?s with support from Site training resources.
- Maintains daily KPI?s, operating instructions and other efficiency stats for plant operations.
- Determines and maintains proper staffing levels. Insures adequate training, evaluation and retention of employees are provided.
- Evaluates production capacity deficits and recommends and/or leads efforts to close those gaps.
- Implements necessary policies and procedures to safely meet or exceed daily and monthly SOIP objectives.
- Responsible for continuously improving Mag Plant performance in safety, yield, capacity, uptime, and quality.
- Leads the organization forward in achieving the operations budget, and assists Ops Manager in setting that budget.
- Assurance of Safe plant operations and environmental compliance.
- Develop and report on critical control parameters including plant through put and plant inputs and outputs.
- KPI?s and other critical operating information/statistics meet established deadlines.
- Plant operators are trained and tested for comprehension in advance of assignment into an operating area.
- Assures that material and energy balance reporting is developed and reported as required.
- Operating procedures are well understood and deployed with consistency across shifts.
- Achievement of Plant Operations Budget.