This role will beresponsible for all or a major portion of processing operations in a plant. Oversee production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel. Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function. Performs professional or management work regularly across multiple Manufacturing disciplines. The position will include activities that cannot be attributed to a defined Operations discipline.
- Manage a team of primarily experienced professionals.
- Focus on tactical and operational plans with short- to medium-term focus (e.g., less than 1 year to 1 - 2 years).
- Problems faced may be difficult to moderately complex.
- Influence others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Manage and ensure all quality related items for the unit or shift are complete and documented so that established quality standards are met.
- Lead cost reduction efforts and process improvements for the unit or shift to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
- Lead scheduling for the unit or shift to ensure that operations run according to established production schedules.
- Lead the sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, for the unit or shift to ensure smooth operations and optimal use of resources.
- Head materials and logistics problem resolution for the unit or shift to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
- Establish performance objectives and leads cell performance and productivity.
- Lead production innovation, including additive manufacturing, for the unit or shift to enhance production capabilities.
- Partner with customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive satisfactory standards of services.
- ACE/Lean/Six Sigma (Certified ACE Associate Preferred)
- Ability to owns the execution of long-term strategy (e.g., more than 3 years) and the operational direction, typically for a business of modest size and scope.
- Experience managing a team of primarily experienced professionals.
- Ability to influence others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- 6-10+ years’ experience with BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering, or other applicable field.
- 4-7+ years’ experience with MA/MSdegree in Business, Engineering, or other applicable field.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67950BR