United States of AmericaLocation:
HFL05: Landing Gear - Miami 3201 NW 167th Street , Opa Locka, FL, 33056 USAPosition Role Type:
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Site Leader
who is highly qualified, energetic, and an experienced operations leader. You will be reporting to the Value Stream Leader & General Manager of Landing Gear MRO (Maintenance Repair Operations). You will also own the execution of the long-term manufacturing strategy and the operational direction of the site processes and contribute positively to the overhaul success of landing gears. This will be accomplished by continuously improving efficiency and turnaround time, while managing and controlling costs. In addition, you will be responsible for maximizing profit through shop efficiencies and the operational unit across functional areas and will be accountable for budget, staffing, and operational results.This position will be working Onsite at the Miami Gardens, Florida MRO facility. This role is eligible for relocation. Primary Responsibilities
- Leading a direct, cross-functional team of ~6-8 leaders who provide leadership and direction to their team(s) with an emphasis on team building through effective connections and communications.
- Ensure achievement of KPIs, including sales, EBIT, cost, quality, customer satisfaction, turnaround time, and on-time delivery.
- Oversee the execution of operations and projects to meet established targets and metrics.
- Identify key issues affecting operations and implement problem resolution strategies through team.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement plans to ensure world-class repair processes are in place.
- Lead and support EH&S initiatives and comply with all applicable regulatory rules.
- Work closely with Technology Accelerator and Transformation team to modernize the company through technology insertion.
- Assess and evolve organizational design to ensure optimal alignment, hourly and salary headcount numbers, and allocation to ensure successful completion deliverables. .
- Support a culture and workforce of employees who can go beyond to work, grow, and belong.
- Responsible for all aspects of MRO operations and delivery, including Operations, Quality, Engineering, EHS, Continuous Improvement, Materials, Customer Service, and Facilities.
- Partner with HR, Talent Acquisition and Finance to achieve operational success.
- Communicate and make presentations to global level stakeholders internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Typically requires University Degree and minimum 12 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 10 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with cost, budget, lean, planning and project management responsibilities.
- Experience in managing a team of leaders.
- Experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives using CI tools and methodologies.
- Manufacturing operations experience
- Experience with Six Sigma Lean, ACE or Core
- Excellent strategic & analytical thinking combined with outstanding tactical execution skills.
- Previous aerospace and manufacturing experience
- Previous materials management and planning experience
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Advanced Structures team leverages advanced materials and additive manufacturing to develop complex interior and exterior solutions. These solutions ensure structural integrity of the aircraft, help aircraft take off and land, stay trim in the air, move forward, carry cargo and conduct rescues. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us! Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success
. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
*Please ensure the role type (defined below) is appropriate for your needs before applying to this role.Remote:
Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world - and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance,critical illnessinsurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms