Position Summary & Duties:
The Operations Shift Supervisor is a direct-hire position of one of our specialty chemical clients in the Westlake, LA area.
- Emergencies: Take charge of plant emergency situations;
- Quality control: Quality control of product during shift. Report reasons for deviations in product quality and corrective measures taken;
- Activity log: Ensures all the activities carried out during the shift such as safety issues / incidents, process upsets, actions for quality deviations, deviations in production rates, problem / constraints in equipment, equipment change-over, and plant preservation activities etc. are logged in Shift Supervisor log book;
- Equipment constraints/problems: Ensure the problems/constraints noted on the equipment are immediately notified to maintenance. Follow up with maintenance for remedial action;
- Standard Operating Procedures, process improvements etc. Ensure that all the plant operational activities, start-ups and shutdowns are carried out safely as per the licenser / internally developed SOPs (Standard operating procedures);
- Monitoring of plant parameters: Monitoring of plant operational parameters and take-up quick corrective measures in case of deviations;
- Maintenance activities: Ensures preparation of equipment for hand-over to maintenance as per the maintenance plan. Supervision of maintenance activities carried out during the shift & logging of their status in logbook;
- Feedback: Gives feedback on the plant operations (shutdown / emergency situations, deviations in product quality, equipment problem, constraints in maintaining programmed production rates, status on maintenance activities etc.) to plant superintendent.
- TAM / Shutdown Activities:
- Compilation of activities for TAM or any major plant Shutdown
- Preparation of blinding & de-blinding lists for all the equipment covered under
- Safe handing over of equipment for maintenance activities.
- Planning & implementation of plant preservation activities in case of long shutdown.
Operations Shift Supervisor Job Requirements:
- Degree in Process Technology or related field
- Prior Cracker Plant operation experiencerequired including process operation, steam generation, cracking furnaces, charge gas compressor, refrigerant compressors and gas separation
- 10 Years of Experience with Ethylene Cracker Plant
- Operations Shift Supervisor must be able to work shift work and overtime as required