The Human Resources Business Partner will partner with business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, employee relations, workforce planning, conflict management, and employee engagement. This role will be based in our FORT WAYNE OPERATIONS manufacturing facility and will support both the hourly and salaried employee population within a designated business unit.
The successful candidate will be a driven, self-starter focused on providing solutions to business challenges and developing a high performing culture. You will help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and the overall employee experience. You will influence and guide leaders across functions; tying people strategies to business priorities.
To succeed in this role, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Partner with business leaders and front-line supervisors to sustain a productive and engaged work environment and tying HR contributions to business objectives through effective metrics and reporting.
- Build constructive relationship and provide day-to-day human resources support to employees with the underlying objective to strengthen employee relations and engagement to enhance a positive work environment.
- Efficiently resolve unique and complex matters in employee relations issues, ethics complaints, and employee investigations.
- Offer performance management guidance and counselling on both process and performance related issues through coaching, counseling, performance improvement plans, and corrective action as needed.
- Reinforce consistent application on company policies and standard practices for assigned business functions or organizations. The position requires a broad understanding of HR policies and standard practices and is responsible for interpretation and recommendation when collaborating with internal clients.
- Drive staffing plans with business leaders in partnership with the Talent Acquisition Team to project hire needs and creatively source candidates, conduct interviews, determine compensation, and deliver an engaging onboarding experience.
- Collaborate and participate in planning company-sponsored and philanthropic events and activities to enhance employee and community engagement
- Drive human resources initiatives, including annual performance evaluation process, workforce planning, compensation planning, talent management & succession planning for assigned business functions.
- Implement change strategies and provide recommendations to address organizational change; measure the awareness and understanding of the change impact; promote buy-in for change
- Participate in and analyze competitive salary data and external going market rates to determine organization’s market relationship for the hourly population rate structure.
- Responsible for cost analysis and forecasting associated with hourly pay adjustments or hourly pay program initiatives
- Interpret data relying on knowledge of business and leverage analytical problem-solving to draw conclusions and communicate meaningful patterns that drive business insights
- Partner with HR leaders on local HR communication and implementation of HR initiatives/services
- Lead talent processes including Talent Calibrations, Skill Gap Analyses, Succession Planning, and Development Planning
- Define the learning and development needs of your business unit in partnership with business leaders and assist in building and implementing development resources that all employees can leverage to grow and develop their careers at and be more effective in their roles.
- Raise the bar on our training and L&D experiences by measuring the impact and seeking internal customer feedback to determine areas for improvement
- Solutions oriented problem solver that is comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- Ability to be comfortable to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves.”
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple human resource functions including coaching and development, talent management, implementing, and improving HR processes, organizational learning & development.
- Strong written & oral communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field or equivalent experience required.
- PHR or SPHR certification; SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources required
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; exposure to databases desired
- Experience with Workday, Kronos, and Microsoft’s Power Platform is highly preferred