The Operations Risk & Compliance Manager is responsible for providing Risk Management 1st Level of Defense by guiding, supporting and monitoring operational risk and controls for the Bank's Operation's functions.
This position will frequently analyze moderate to complex issues, requiring analytical and critical thinking skills. This role will be required to perform necessary job duties in a manner that reflects and supports best-in-class risk management programs. The importance of accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail is vital to the successful support of the Bank Operations Teams. Candidates must be able to set priorities and organize requests, prioritize staff as requested to balance work and deliverables. Additional attributes required for success include a strong customer service focus, professionalism, versatile product and process subject matter expertise, responsiveness, take ownership, effective communicator, risk aware and good judgment.
- Manage internal and external risk reviews and audits and support Operations Managers with risk and controls issue tracking, best practice, information gathering and remediation action plan development and execution. Manage action plans to ensure timely responses, appropriate controls are implemented and changes to processes/procedures are maintained (i.e. Facilitate the SOC 2 reviews and deliverables).
- Act as a "Liaison" providing risk information in a proactive manner to the Director of Bank Operations.
- Champion and lead Operations Risk Management programs and initiatives
- Coordinate and support Operations Business Review related to Risk & Controls with adequate KRI & KPI metrics.
- Lead or participate on risk management projects, as required, to ensure Processes/Procedures are developed in a timely manner and maintained:
- Providing input to the design, documentation and standardization of procedures
- Ensuring the form & content management
- Providing effective controls Training materials
- Operational Risk & Controls management:
- Lead the review and evaluation of existing and proposed business activities to determine potential risk exposure and provide appropriate control solutions and metrics for timely implementation.
- Engage in continuous improvement and a proactive Risk Management practices.
- Provide support on Risk & Control Processes to Owners and Managers
- Escalate when appropriate to IT OPS Governance & Risk Management Director, CIO or ERM Committee.
- Supervise a staff which is responsible for 1st Level of Risk Management analysis and self-assessments
- Partner with IT Risk & Compliance to oversee technology risk with potential impact to operational process and customer service delivery.
- Provide input the preparation of annual budget, compiling data, monitor and track expenditures to ensure meeting approved budget allocations.
- Facilitate/work as the Liaison for the Annual RCI Reviews from ERM for the Operations Teams.
- Participate in the preparation of Business Continuity Plans to ensure compliance and controls for availability risk.
- Manage Vendor Management risk and control due diligence task with Bank Operations.
- Coordinator/Facilitate certain Department and/or Operational Group training and meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Business related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Risk management from a forward-looking Risk Management approach.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Banking/Financial Services, Regulatory, Financial Reporting, and a minimum of five years with supervisory experience.
- Builds collaborative relationships and inspires followership.
- Working knowledge of operational risks and controls from a risk perspective.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently, strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Consistently delivers results and meets deadlines, results & quality oriented.
- Effectively drives change and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate clearly and with confidence to all associate levels
- Proficient in MS Office, Process Workflow, Risk Management methodologies or technics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of banking Laws, Rules, and Regulations